I Wonder How The Next Duke Nukem Game Will Turnout To Be.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

We all know Duke Nukem Forever didn't do well. When I first played it last year I was pretty disappointed. It lacked everything that was fun about duke 3d. I know it wasn't gearbox fault the way the game turnout that was all 3drealms. Gearbox had mention that the next duke nukem game will be called Duke Begins. Now there have been these group of fans that's been making a remake of Duke Nukem 3d.

They name the game Duke Nukem: Reloaded. It was looking pretty good. I've seen pics and vids, they even let gearbox play a demo of it, and they was impress even the original developers like the demo. But the developers of reloaded stop production with the game. Because gearbox didn't clarify if the game was ever going to be released. Alot of duke fans was pissed off at gearbox. Because after being disappointed with DNF. They thought reloaded looked more like what DNF should have been.

When the next Duke Nukem game comes out. There's things I will like to see.

1. No weapon limit and health regeneration it doesn't fit duke.

2. Non-linear levels I want exploration and secret areas also I want to see the jetpack back.

3. New weapons, new enemies and a different story alot of stuff in DNF was reused from duke 3d.

4. I want boss fights that don't force you to use explosives.

5. They should come up with some cool interesting ideas that would fit with duke nukem.

spartica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By spartica

I wouldn't mind a Duke 3D HD remake. After Forever you might have to wait w looooooong while before anything Duke-related.

It's tough to have Duke evolve because his personality is pretty much a product of the early 90s. I really don't know where else they could evolve the series except to bring it back to its roots.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Next Duke Nukem game? Prepare the guffaws.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#4  Edited By MightyDuck

@falserelic said:

When the next Duke Nukem game comes out. There's things I will like to see.

1. No weapon limit and health regeneration it doesn't fit duke.

2. Non-linear levels I want exploration and secret areas also I want to see the jetpack back.

3. New weapons, new enemies and a different story alot of stuff in DNF was reused from duke 3d.

4. I want boss fights that don't force you to use explosives.

5. They should come up with some cool interesting ideas that would fit with duke nukem.

I agree with you on all of these points. It seems like that would bring Duke into the "modern age" and still keep what makes a Duke game...a duke game.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Video_Game_King: Seems you're a bit out of touch old man! But seriously, Gearbox said they got Duke for a reason. Forever not being the entirety of that reason. They still have plans for the franchise.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Video_Game_King: Seems you're a bit out of touch old man!

¿I am, am I?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

The next Duke Nukem game should be something along the lines of Zero Punctuation's original joke review of it: about a down-and-out Duke Nukem who finds out that he has a daughter and the game seamlessly combines first person shooters and Cooking Mama.

For more context, here.

EDIT: OK, for a serious answer, in light of the past month or two of the internet exploding about sexism in games partly because of the Anita Sarkeesian debacle and partly because of the new Tomb Raider: Beat The Shit Out of Lara edition, I don't think another game with the attitude of Duke Nukem should be released.

All right. Now, time to get my (very much figurative) Speedo on because I think I might have just dived into a world of internet shit.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#8  Edited By psykhophear

@falserelic: Duke Nukem Forever is actually a good game but it came out waaay too late. I really believe that if the game was launched in the early 2000s and 3D Realms released it just the way it is now, it would've had a different reception from fans and critics alike.

Anyway, what you said makes sense. The next Duke Nukem game should have more exploration, more side quests, more enemy types and more babes. I can imagine Duke being in a Fallout 3/ Skyrim-style gameplay but without the fantasy stuff and more action. That'd be cool if Gearbox can pull it off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It doesn't have to do much to be better than Duke Nukem Forever.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShaggE

I honestly want to see Jeff's idea of a washed-up Duke who's only awesome in his own mind.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

@Psykhophear said:

@falserelic: Duke Nukem Forever is actually a good game but it came out waaay too late. I really believe that if the game was launched in the early 2000s and 3D Realms released it just the way it is now, it would've had a different reception from fans and critics alike.

Anyway, what you said makes sense. The next Duke Nukem game should have more exploration, more side quests, more enemy types and more babes. I can imagine Duke being in a Fallout 3/ Skyrim-style gameplay but without the fantasy stuff and more action. That'd be cool if Gearbox can pull it off.

I believe gearbox can pull it off. They are known for making great games. I got faith in them to restore duke to its former glory.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@ShaggE

I honestly want to see Jeff's idea of a washed-up Duke who's only awesome in his own mind.

This. It would completely fix the character if everyone the world was laughing at him, and only he didn't realise it.

Even better if he has a complete mental breakdown after the love interest he just saved from the rapey aliens brutally shuts him down at the end and hooks up with a regular schlub instead.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ch3burashka

Maybe, just maybe, they'll do the thing everyone was hoping for: an ultra-serious 'character study' of Duke as a fish out of water, a relic of a time long gone, in which all NPC interaction is punctuated by their complete annoyance with Duke's obnoxious and out-of-touch behavior.

That, or simply a good fun game. Serious Sam found his place in the the new decade by being a good fun game that offers something new (or old) in the age of two weapons and recharging health. Maybe Duke can go the same route.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

It would be interesting to see how duke's personality will be in the next game. They should have a balance between serious and not so serious.