I'm looking for two writers to contribute to my game site!

mikmanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikmanner

There's only two of us who write for www.crudepixel.com - which is an indie and gaming culture focused site. Recently our day jobs have caught up with us. We're really proud of CrudePixel so far; we're starting to get a decent name for ourselves, more and more people check out the site each month and our Podcast is doing great with thousands of listeners. Right now though we're looking to get bigger and better and to do this we're looking for two writers to help us out.

We're after a 'Culture' writer, his/her job would be to report on any news which is culturally relevant and interesting to do with gaming, new trailers for games, an interesting new technology or service, stories about incredible feats of gaming, interviews, a good joke....anything like that falls under culture, it's basically anything you find interesting. We're not looking to report on the obvious stuff which fills most mainstream gaming press stuff, we want stuff that is worth reading and the more off-beat the better.

Our second post is a 'Spotlight' writer, Spotlight is essentially a space for the writer to analyse games, critique them and pick sections apart but not necessarily review them, we don't score our games because I don't see our service as that of recommending a game purchase more than it is getting under the hood of it and figuring out what makes it great or horrible. The games aren't limited to indie games, you can talk about any game you wish to here and your articles can be anywhere from a few paragraphs to a few pages.

So if you're interested please drop me a mail over at michael@crudepixel.com - it's a voluntary position but we try to make things fun here by going to events, have regular gaming sessions and generally collaborate a lot. The main thing to remember is that we want to make sure you get out of this what you want to, so only write as much as you want and only write about what you want.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

Yo dude. No poaching.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Scooper said:
" Yo dude. No poaching. "
o hey there :3
mikmanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikmanner

lol I'm not meaning to poach just thought there might be interested members of this community, I contribute to GBomb myself even though I have my own site.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By crusnchill

Yeah you contributed all of 30 posts.

Dosn't exactly make you look reputable.
I'm going to trust that you really are looking for people to voluntarily work on your site and not just shamelessly advertising on someone elses forum. Go to http://www.videogamejournalismjobs.com/
And stick an ad up there instead of on forums.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

Christ.  He came here looking for people to join his site as writers.  He isn't saying "GB sucks come to my site instead!"  He's been here a long time and yes its amazing that someone with there own site doesn't spend hours here in the forums or on the wiki but I guess I just don't see how inviting people to get a chance to be game writers, something I'd wager hundreds here would like to do, is an insult.  Especially given that his site doesn't even compete with GB really.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scooper
@mikmanner: Sorry then. On second thoughts it looks like a pretty good position for a budding writer to go for. A little something to put on the C.V I guess.
mikmanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikmanner
@endaround:  Cheers yeah that sums it up. 

@Scooper:   Yeah I hope so, plus a good way to get into the scene I've met a lot of developers through this.
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By crusnchill
@endaround: Wow! Would you like to tell me how you really feel, or is that it?

Dude, I wasn't being a dick, I was simply expressing that there's more classy and effective ways of going about getting staff for his site than posting on another sites' forum, I told him about one of the best ways yet, one that has filled my site up with 18 people on the team. We started at 2.
So next time just chill the fuck out, jeez, How old are you? 12?

So don't be so quick to overreact to every little thing. Besides at what point did I point out that he was saying; "GB sucks come to my site instead!"? I didn't.

@mikmanner:
Good luck buddy, I hope you succeed. Just do yourself a favour, from experience, posting job posts on forums ain't exactly an effective way to get people working for you. And it deffinitely dosn't look good for your sites reputation.
As I said before though, try this site: 
http://www.videogamejournalismjobs.com/

EDIT: Just looked and noticed you already have done so like a minute ago, quick thinking buddy. ;-)