I'm not a cheater, I swear!

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pwnasaurus

so i was playing some COD4 today (yea the real old one its still the best no matter what you say) It was on the pc, and it was Hardcore search and destroy on Strike, now i just got back into COD and i wasn't doing well in this particular server. until i got about 4 kills in a row, now even from my perspective i could understand how it looked like i was wall hacking, but i wasn't i have never cheated in a game ever, it just ruins the fun. i simply used my ears and my very good headset to hear them creeping around the corner in front of me. in any case i hid in a corner and typed, "I'm not cheating honest i just heard them don't ban me!"  alas it was too late, normally i consider being banned for hacking when you are not hacking is just about the greatest thing ever in a video game its kinda like the ultimate compliment, you are too good to be true. But in this case I'm bitter as not many COD 4 servers are running and i doubt i will be able to find another search and destroy server, my question is giantbomb has this happened to you?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

nope.  Whenever I rip fools up nobody doubts that it was real.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Thr only multiplayer shooter i sunk real hours into was Battlefield 2 v1.0, and i established myself as a first place player for almost 3 years so nobody doubted my kills or skills on the servers i frequented 

anyway, sorry about your ban, hopefully you'll find another good server to play on

LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordAssinhiemr

Online gaming sucks.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pwnasaurus
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" Online gaming sucks. "
it can have its low points sure, but it has more highs than lows plus replay value if its good.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By amir90

Some people are just assholes.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Three0neFive

Play on servers that aren't complete shit

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rb_man

I never play good enough for people to think I am hacking. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
@amir90 said:
" Some people are just assholes. "
True that.
rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rb_man
@JJOR64 said:
" @amir90 said:
" Some people are just assholes. "
True that. "
Yep thats the world.
groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By groin

This used to happen to me all the time in the first COD game. There was no way to turn the killcam off during that time but I still got banned anyway. Some server admins are just assholes so just take it as a compliment.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

I got banned from many Raven Shield servers for hacking, when I wasn't. 

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ShaggE

My favorite hackusation was in Quake Live. Mind you, I'm terrible at Quake. But that day, I was on fire. Anyway, I had picked somebody off in midair with the railgun, and after that, I was hounded for the rest of the match about how I was clearly botting.  

To give perspective to this, my K/D in that match was a joke. Something like 15/30 at that point. Now, call me crazy, but what kind of botter is going to let their K/D get that bad? And if they're doing it on purpose to make themselves look legit, why would they use a bot in the first place? I respond to his accusations with this logic, but sure enough, he counters with a foolproof argument: "nuh uh u bott lrn 2play".  

This brings me to another concern. I've already used more skill, shot harder, and didn't die. The grand trifecta of gaming. Now I have to "learn to play"? Jesus. Maybe gaming isn't for me...

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By groin

I also noticed that you are more likely to be banned while playing well if you have a stupid name like "^Twinkles^".

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i did not cheat it's not true it's bullshit! i did not cheat i did naaaught. oh hi mark

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I remember playing Medal of Honor Airborne multiplayer and got kicked for icing fools. They thought I was cheating so they rage kicked me.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidSwords

I've been kick out of games for this reason. If you're good then you must be a cheater, I never understood this. 
PC gamers, always be mad!

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IBurningStar
@RedEyesBlueBunny said:
" i did not cheat it's not true it's bullshit! i did not cheat i did naaaught. oh hi mark "
i c wut ya did thar

I once was accused of cheating in Halo because I kept head shotting people before they ever saw me. They said I was using some wall hack or something to hide in the walls or I had turned myself invisible. The truth of the matter was that I was just standing in a corner our of sight and they just kept running by me, and I would pop them right in the head as they passed.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By dbz1995

I've once been banned for supposed hacking for being ridiculously bad at a game-does that count?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Example1013

One time a guy implied that I was cheating because of how well I was avoiding grenades in SOCOM 3. He didn't outright call me a cheater, but he said something like "that's some hollywood shit with you dodging grenades like that." I said "yup", because I was just that good at getting the fuck outta the killzone. 

I've been kicked from some SWBFII servers for supposed "cheating" on Mos Eisley. Clearly, though, I was actually exploiting.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Stories like this make me sad. When I used to admin CS servers for an ISP here in Australia, we needed to take a minimum of three conclusive demos, which were reviewed by another admin, and could be challenged. Hell, becoming an admin involved an extensive vetting process and trial period.

I never accuse anyone without being 100% sure and I sorta expect the same back.

Never get it though

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By SSully
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
" Stories like this make me sad. When I used to admin CS servers for an ISP here in Australia, we needed to take a minimum of three conclusive demos, which were reviewed by another admin, and could be challenged. Hell, becoming an admin involved an extensive vetting process and trial period. I never accuse anyone without being 100% sure and I sorta expect the same back. Never get it though "
I was waiting for someone to give CS example. There are great players in all games, but I have played with people in counter strike that would make cheaters look like they are playing fair. 
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aus_azn

How did you get banned when PunkBuster is no more effective at detecting cheating than a steaming pile of dung? I only play PunkBuster free servers so that I can use Steam overlay and don't need to be wasting processor and RAM resources running a useless program and service.

Or was it an admin ban? If it is, he's just an ass and you should probably leave the server. I've noticed that zeroAlpha servers have some pretty flippant admins.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By audiosnag
@RedEyesBlueBunny said:
" i did not cheat it's not true it's bullshit! i did not cheat i did naaaught. oh hi mark "
I am tired of this world!
TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I got kicked out of games where a player or two thought I was hacking, yes. Halo PC, sniper games, had players calling me out many times.
Don't think I can replicate it anymore, though, I've lost much interest in the FPS genre. I just play for kicks with friends. =/

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Darksaw

I've never been explicitly banned for hacking, but I do get accused quite a lot in Bad Company 2. One time I was kicked after playing solo against two admins and winning though.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

If you bring someone else into a Left 4 Dead match they can't kick you.

Carestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Carestrike

Even a hacker denies he's a hacker. I doubt they would've listened to you even if they'd heard you. 
And it's COD4. To the bulk of that community, hacking translates to being better than them. 
Stick to the local co-op mode. 

I'm too crap at games to ever be accused at hacking. But I was once banned from a L4D2 server for not healing the woman playing when she asked for it. She didn't need my kit either, she had her own but wanted to save it for later. 
Called the admin sweetie & I was out on my ass.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sameeeeam

I rarely play online.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By mrfizzy

Some people are just jealous wankers. Sorry to hear about your ban. Hope you can find yourself another server. 

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShockD

I play only LAN and don't bother with cheating dilemmas in online multi.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Crash_Happy
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" Online gaming sucks. "
These days.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#34  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I have heard quite a few other tales of people that had "HaX" unfairly called on them, although then again it's hard to know sometimes how much it's a result of their play skill and how much it's a result of there just being a lot of not very smart people around. I've never been banned from anything for cheating, although I have had players call me a cheater before and I'm not even that good at most video games.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By crusader8463

Back when I played Renegade regularly I was constantly being kicked from games because people said I was cheating even though I wasn't. I had just played the game for like 5-6+ hours a day for over a year. Then I went a week of playing with this big heads hack just for shits and giggles, and the entire time I used it  I was never once kicked for cheating. 

But ya, I just don't play games online much any more. 99% of the games are filled with the most vile people in the world, so I just stick to mostly single player stuff. I make an exception for Bad Company 2; which I play a few hours every other day or two.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Tennmuerti

The amount of cheating accusations you recieve online is directly proportional to how well you are playing.
Mathematical fact.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArchScabby

I bet you were cheating,  Do you have autism?

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sizu

I once got kicked from a server due to sniping.  Sniping is prob my best skill, but apparently in World War 2 the opposite side didn't snipe each other.  Was  Day of Defeat server I got booted from.  Really pissed me off since I was relocating and not just lying prone in the one spot.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, currently I rank fairly high on the Monday Night Combat leader boards. Every match where I don't get accused of cheating or being a gay, basement-dwelling, virgin is a small victory.