Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Navster

Hey Everyone,

I know this isn't really a videogame related question, but I figure we have a lot of tech saavy people around to answer it. I'm currently in the market for an iPhone, although I'm waiting for the rumored update next month before taking the plunge.

The issue is that I live in Canada, and our iPhone carrier, Rogers, only offers finite data plans. The starting data plan is 500 MB/month and it goes up to 1 GB and 2 GB from there. My question is how big of a data plan do I really need?

This will be my primary phone and I expect to do a good amount of web surfing away from wifi hotspots, mainly to check e-mail, my rss feeds and the random youtube video. Can I get away with a 500 MB a month plan? I really don't want to overpay for data I'm never going to use. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Depends what you use.  I'm using my iPhone a lot due to my heavy travel on trains so my average download per month is around 500 MB.  My total since July is 3.7 Gigs.  So I've haven't being using that much download, despite always being on my iPhone. 

I think you should be fine with 500 MB per month.  If you're around a lot of WiFi you won't even need the full 500. 

No Caption Provided

Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Navster

Thanks for that. 500 MB seemed a little small considering the amount of surfing I do on the computer, but I guess that's normal for the iPhone. I figure if worse comes to worst, I'll just upgrade my data plan.