Is bradly may cry a noncommittal endurance run?

• 60 results
JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

If brad plays through all of it, does that count as an endurance run?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wasn't the original Endurance Run noncommittal? It looked like it was gonna be all over when they nearly screwed up Shadow Yukiko.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

Isn't the game real short, I think a game needs to be 30+ hours to be considered endurance material.

Dragon Age II now that would be an endurance run.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cheesebob

@Kidavenger: Emphasis on endurance

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DemiGodRaven

Now that you've asked, the answer is "No" and you've delayed it another two months.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Rafaelfc

if you consider bad dudes an endurance run then yeah, possibly.

if not, then no.

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Meepasaurus

I wouldn't mind watching him play through all of the first game at least. I was tempted to buy the collection myself after watching it, but I know I'd just end up being lazy. The real-time boss battle tips from the chat make it pretty entertaining.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@Kidavenger said:

Isn't the game real short, I think a game needs to be 30+ hours to be considered endurance material.

DMC is perhaps like 5-6 hours long on average, though given how much trouble Brad had with Nelo Angelo, it would no doubt take him a fair while to complete it. I'd envision him getting stuck at the third Nelo Angelo fight, as he's easily the toughest boss in the game.

Plus we don't know if Brad's planning on playing through the entirety of DMC. Next episode he may well just move onto DMC2 or DMC3 -- though hopefully he'll just skip DMC2 altogether.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pyrodactyl

Giantbomb's definition of an endurance run: dudes from the crew play or post a video of a game every day of the working week until they beat the main ''campaign''.

So no

There is no enduring if they play in 3 hour chunks every 3 to 4 weeks. Besides, DMC is not a long game so it doesn't fit the spirit of the feature at all.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Rafaelfc said:

if not, then no.

Even bad dudes was more of an endurance run. They did play it every day until they beat it even if it was just one day...

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Wacomole

First rule of the Endurance Run is we don't talk about the Endurance Run.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheHT

@Yummylee said:

Plus we don't know if Brad's planning on playing through the entirety of DMC. Next episode he may well just move onto DMC2 or DMC3 -- though hopefully he'll just skip DMC2 altogether.

i really hope he doesn't skip it. not just because i haven't seen much of DMC2, but skipping it wholesale seems to be against the spirit of the feature.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cyraxible

Pretty sure the Phantasmagoria videos aren't considered an Endurance Run.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Milkman

I doubt that they have any idea what direction the feature is going to go in. I think he's just going to keep playing and see what happens.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yummylee

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

i really hope he doesn't skip it. not just because i haven't seen much of DMC2, but skipping it wholesale seems to be against the spirit of the feature.

It's just such a boring game. Given how dull it is playing it, watching it couldn't be much better, either. Sure, their commentary may spice it up, but given how they rarely commit to a feature for very long, I'd prefer they play it safe and head straight to the main course with DMC3. Can you imagine their reaction when they're watching the opening??

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rafaelfc

@pyrodactyl said:

@Rafaelfc said:

if not, then no.

Even bad dudes was more of an endurance run. They did play it every day until they beat it even if it was just one day...

Good point. I hadn't considered the commitment to play the game every day in my rationale.

Taking that into consideration then it's absolutely NOT an endurance run.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By GunstarRed

I hope they play more of any of the DMC games, the last one felt so laid back and hearing Vinny get all "GNGHHHGNGHHH!" at the end when Brad was about to beat the boss was brilliant. Possibly one of my favourite recent live videos they have done.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kankohii

@Yummylee said:

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

It's just such a boring game. Given how dull it is playing it, watching it couldn't be much better, either. Sure, their commentary may spice it up, but given how they rarely commit to a feature for very long, I'd prefer they play it safe and head straight to the main course with DMC3. Can you imagine their reaction when they're watching the opening??

I think everyone wants to see Brad play some DMC3.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoeyRavn

They actually have an Endurance Run every time they review a game. The thing, they don't show it to us. Think about it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Animasta

@JoeyRavn said:

They actually have an Endurance Run every time they review a game. The thing, they don't show it to us. Think about it.

this sounds like something someone in a stoner comedy would say

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Kankohii said:

@Yummylee said:

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

I sure do. I would honestly consider a sub if the feature were good. That or I could just hope he talks about it on the bombcast.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

@Kidavenger said:

DMC is perhaps like 5-6 hours long on average, though given how much trouble Brad had with Nelo Angelo, it would no doubt take him a fair while to complete it. I'd envision him getting stuck at the third Nelo Angelo fight, as he's easily the toughest boss in the game.

I will contest that sir. Nightmare is just that especially on DMD. Especially Nightmare 3. Holy shit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yummylee

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Kankohii said:

@Yummylee said:

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

I sure do. I would honestly consider a sub if the feature were good. That or I could just hope he talks about it on the bombcast.

There's a high chance that Brad could even complete DMC3 at that, given that it's the SE version with the greatly reduced difficulty for its default setting.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheHT

@Yummylee said:

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

even if it's just jumping in for half an episode, it'd be nice for them to at least have a frame of reference when they get to DMC3.

but yeah, DMC3 is the one i'm looking forward to the most. i'd love to see their reaction to that part where dante rides the motorcycle. i remember that being the moment i threw my hands in the air and accepted how totally fucking bananas that game was.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I assumed it was more of a Breaking Brad type thing.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RazielCuts

I was thinking about this today on what makes a good Endurance Run game and I think its either a new game or a seemingly obscure one. Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition worked because they were strangers in a foreign land and hardly anyone knew what was going on so we experienced it all together. Chrono Trigger wasn't as successful (in my opinion) because its a retro classic hallowed in the gaming community and everyone just gave Patrick and Ryan shit for not knowing what to do and the 'you're doing it wrong' mentality kicked in which made it hard to watch (which I'll admit I felt on a number of occasions).

If Devil May Cry were to go down the 'Endurance Run' esque route I feel this may be the same, it was great watching Brad play but it was also a bit 'watch through your fingers' (at the end boss fight specifically) at times as well. I wouldn't mind seeing them go through DMC3 though as its the most robust of the three.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shaunk

Can someone explain the feature to me? As I don't have a subscription yet.

Also it's been around a year since the last endurance run ended, I say we get Ryan and Brad to play through P4Golden sometime soon.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

@TheHT said:

@Yummylee said:

even if it's just jumping in for half an episode, it'd be nice for them to at least have a frame of reference when they get to DMC3.

but yeah, DMC3 is the one i'm looking forward to the most. i'd love to see their reaction to that part where dante rides the motorcycle. i remember that being the moment i threw my hands in the air and accepted how totally fucking bananas that game was.

The curscenes in that game are all so good. Like when he runs down the tower.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kankohii

@ImmortalSaiyan: DMC3 was one hell of a movie. Someone put together all the cutscenes on youtube and it's amazing fun to watch.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Superkenon

@MasturbatingestBear said:

Can someone explain the feature to me? As I don't have a subscription yet.

Also it's been around a year since the last endurance run ended, I say we get Ryan and Brad to play through P4Golden sometime soon.

Brad played through the first few chapters of DMC with Vinny as his co-pilot. Also, it was done live, so the chat was abuzz with PRO TIPS. The only question now is whether he'll pick up from exactly where he left off. If so... I think "Noncommittal Endurance Run" is an apt term for this, since there's no set date for further installments.

Also, I would totally love an alternate Brad-Ryan ER. Too bad there's almost no way to access the capture gear for Vita.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaggE

I imagine he'll stop when he gets bored/frustrated and jump into the next game. Hopefully he covers all four (no need to cover DmC).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@Demoskinos said:

@Yummylee said:

@Kidavenger said:

I will contest that sir. Nightmare is just that especially on DMD. Especially Nightmare 3. Holy shit.

Oh, y'know you're right, he was a complete fucker the third time you face him. That was mostly because the camera is barely ever framed appropriately so you know exactly what the Hell is going on. I completed DMC again only yesterday so it's still fresh in my mind, and I can remember a lot of occasions where its shiny disco ball weakness is being revealed, but I can't see it so I'm just attacking the back while the camera's facing the front of it, and I'm getting zapped and/or stabbed by its tentacle thing. That was the moment where I had to start using items, too -- and it was only on Normal mode. I'd hate to play through this game on DmD mode.

I have completed it on DmD in the past, but I was much more patient during such times. I doubt that I'd have the perseverance these days.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kankohii

I'm just going to leave this here

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Humanity

It's the most eagerly awaited feature this week for me. I don't even care if there is no bombcast, I can't wait for Brad to sit down and play DMC with Vinny there. Damn I love me some hot, hot Vinny action!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Akyho

An Endurance run is when they sit down and play the game for upto an hour EVERY WORKING day. Bradly May Cry is just Breaking Brad. Once every so often he sits down and tries to complete it on hard.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nasos100

After the Chrono Trigger thing i dont really think theyll do another one.

If you liked the Chrono Trigger ER and you want something akin to it just search for some LPs on youtube or the SA forum.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nottle

Damnit DMC3 is so fucking cool. I want to see Brad see that intro cutscene.

That game is hilarious. Isn't it the worse selling of the series? A shame.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kankohii

@Nottle: The ending cutscene is probably my favorite. The way it segues into a playable credits sequence where Devils Never Cry is playing and you're slaying waves of demons with Lady..amazing.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee: I'd contend between that and the aforementioned Nelo Angelo 3 that DMC 1's DMD mode is the hardest. I have every single trophy for DMC 1 on the HD collection except for beating DMD because I can't flipping get past nightmare. And unlike other DMC games I can't grind out items or orbs on other stages so basically...either I man up or I'm fucked.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nottle

@Kankohii said:

@Nottle: The ending cutscene is probably my favorite. The way it segues into a playable credits sequence where Devils Never Cry is playing and you're slaying waves of demons with Lady..amazing.

WHY DID I STOP PLAYING DMC3? Lady and Dante make a great comedic duo.

Also why am I playing DMC4 when I'm still partway though both DMC3 and 1?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I really enjoyed the first episode. I hope Brad continues. But if not, we'll get one eventually. Just have to be patient.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By Seroth

I hope they don't stop at DMC1. I really want to see him get to DMC3, especially considering he hasn't even played that game at all yet.

Kankohii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kankohii

@Seroth said:

I hope they don't stop at DMC1. I really want to see him get to DMC3, especially considering he hasn't even played that game at all yet.

Actually, he has played the game..

http://www.gamespot.com/devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening/previews/devil-may-cry-3-e3-2004-hands-on-impressions-6097063/

http://www.gamespot.com/devil-may-cry-3-dantes-awakening/previews/devil-may-cry-3-updated-hands-on-6108534/

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a style of Endurance Run, sure. The title Endurance Run, though, implies daily videos - at least to me.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By Levio

@MoleyUK said:

What are the other rules

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@animathias said:

It's a style of Endurance Run, sure. The title Endurance Run, though, implies daily videos - at least to me.

And also, not to sound selfish as a non premium member, but a true ER would not be subscriber only.

Disconnect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Disconnect

@Kidavenger said:

I don't think I could endure DA2 again.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Cheesebob said:

@Kidavenger: Emphasis on endurance

Heh.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Milkman

@Levio said:

@MoleyUK said:

What are the other rules

One save.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By laserbolts

It's not an endurance run because they don't post a new video of it everyday and it's premium.