Is SaySwap and Goozex safe?

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spike94

Hey all, I have just been wondering if SaySwap and Goozex are 100% secure and such. They seem like absolutly amazing sites to use and a wonderful way to beat the full price of new games (and even lesser new ones) and such. Thanks!
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've never used them, but I would assume you're taking the same risk that you would with anything else like this, eBay for instance.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spike94

Ah, good point. Ha, I am more interested in Goozex of the two at the moment, but even moreso than that, I am interested in switchgames. It looks awesome. I did some searching on the forums, and boy am I glad I did...I may check out Goozex when I run out of games to trade or something perhaps, but that's some time away. Thanks for your input, Chaser324, and God bless.
juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By juanvaldes

Well I had a friend pitching  Goozex to me today. He's used it a bit and is quite  satisfied. Sounded like there is a feedback mechanism if the items do not match the description etc. 

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I will say that I have heard Greg Stewart (former EGM employee) talk about using Goozex on the Player One Podcast. I guess you can consider that an endorsement.

WildMinnesota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WildMinnesota

I have typically used Sayswap for more current games and goozex for games that are 2 years old or more.  Sayswap has all you can trade for one price and Goozex charges for each trade.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

I've used Goozex and I find that them requiring you to use money is bullshit. I use switchgames.com, which is 100% free to use. Never had a problem with it yet.

nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nasher27

I've used both Sayswap and Goozex, and trust me Goozex is better.

It seems like you can never get a game you want on Sayswap, all you can do is personally request someone for it (which you can't even do until you have enough rep points), and they can pretty much just blow you off.

Goozex is pretty much anonymous though in how you send and receive games. When you add it to your want list, you get put in a queue for the game, and depending on how popular it is, you'll get it eventually.

The whole price thing works out to this, you can send off games for free for the digital currency, but to receive a game you need a trade token, which are pretty cheap (only a couple of bucks).

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spike94

Ah, thanks everybody! 
 And trade tokens on Goozex in the U.S. are $1.00! I will definitly check out Goozex more...thank you. 
As for switchgames, I'll see about that too. 
As far as SaySwap goes, eh...it appears I need to subscribe or something now. Not subcscribe, but some money-costing thing.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By gearhead

I have been using Goozex for about half a year now and have had nothing but good experiences from it. Once you get positive feedback twice, you really feel like a full member as you get points from a game as soon as you say that you sent it off, where as when you first start, you have to wait for the the positive feedback to get your points. The points and trade credits work well, and the community on the forums are helpful, with employees of the site giving you advice if you have any problems. 
So yeah, Goozex is awesome.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FCKSNAP

I like Amazon's trade in thing, personally. You can buy real shit with your trade-ins!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

i used goozex before. it is alright. they charge u all the time for a game. it seems like it takes a while to get a game from them. the last trade i did the person wasn't even home so i had to wait a while. at least the person wrote something saying sorry it took so long. i've never used sayswap before.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spike94

@iam3green:
@Snapstacle:
@Gearhead:
@All of you three: Thanks so much for the input. Some mixed thoughts, I see...I'll check out Amazon.com more, I have known about them a good deal (who hasn't?), but never bought anything off of them, at least not in recent memory. I will definitly check out Goozex now, thanks (or at least ask if I can, my dad is a stickler when it comes to this stuff). 

Thanks again to all who have posted.