Is there a place for suggestions for improvements to the site?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I've had a couple instances where I found myself extremely frustrated that there isn't an easy way to find a place to post improvement suggestions/feature requests. These fall outside of "bugs" and shouldn't be confused or mashed up with bugs, but I'm wondering if there is a place to make a case for, say, a better way to get through the rather large number of bombcasts when looking for an old podcast to listen to. I don't feel like PMing a staff member is really the right option because it can be hard to know who to point these suggestions towards and ends up with even more potential for something getting lost amongst many duplicate suggestions for other things, and generally makes things a bit more difficult potentially for the staff.

So, is there a place to post that kind of stuff? I don't even know which of the existing forums I know of that would be appropriate for it. General Discussion? Off Topic? Some hidden forum I don't know about? Or is PMing a Top Men the answer?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

PM a Top Man.

Like Dave

EDIT: But just so you know the response will be "Thanks for the heads up! We've definitely thought about it/are aware of how bad it is right now and it's on a list somewhere."

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By McGhee

I have seen a lot of the Top Men answer stuff like this when people just post them in the forums.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Usually people post in the Editing & Tools section to make suggestions.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

Dave has said on the radio show before that if there is something bad about the site, or could be improved then they are probably already aware of it and are working on it, but maintaining and developing 6+ sites takes a lot of time. Tested.com's wiki has been in development for well over a year and show no sign of launching any time in the future. Also, as a result, personal improvements suggested by users aren't going to be a priority or taken in to consideration because they have to think of the larger vision for the sites. The only thing I can think of that they listened to and immediately acted on was the 'embiggen' feature.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@AlisterCat: I know that, I'm not whining that my voice isn't being heard, just wanted to know if there was a forum or something, which might show what the biggest priorities are to the users of the site. It'd also be nice to have it be more forward facing so you had an idea of what might be a priority, but that's just because I like to know what sort of new features or improvements are coming.

I know that they are aware of most things. I wasn't asking that. I wasn't talking about that. I wasn't disagreeing. I don't need to know any of what you said, and I already knew all of it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat

@MordeaniisChaos: I didn't suggest you were whining, or complain about your post. Sorry you knew that already, I won't comment in future.

MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MostlyBearded

I too would like a list of old Bombcasts that'd be easier to sift through, but obviously the Top Men have more pressing issues to deal with.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedRoach

@MostlyBearded: The search bar now has a has the option to search for specific bombcasts.

MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MostlyBearded

@Jason_Bourne said:

@MostlyBearded: The search bar now has a has the option to search for specific bombcasts.

Thanks for the tip. Thing is, I just look for random old bombcasts to listen to, not any specific ones.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

@AlisterCat said:

...personal improvements suggested by users aren't going to be a priority or taken in to consideration...

This is completely untrue, there are dozens of examples from over the years that disprove it.

Suggestions can be posted in the Bug Reporting sections, PM'd to Dave or Ethan, or even emailed to support@whiskeymedia.com.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By Little_Socrates

@MostlyBearded said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

Thanks for the tip. Thing is, I just look for random old bombcasts to listen to, not any specific ones.

I suggest the Random GB buttons, which totally includes a Random Bombcast feature.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By dagas

Write Dave a letter, not an email or PM like every other person, a real letter in an envelope. I bet not many people do that so that would get his attention.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By huntad

I would suggest a way to sort games by platform when looking at concept pages, or any similar pages. Also, another option to show how many players a game can have, and if it supports local play.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By ftomato

I was writing a list yesterday and wanted to sort it alphabetically, which was pretty much a nightmare to do, and it didn't even have 20 items. An option to do that automatically would be amazing. :)

MostlyBearded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MostlyBearded

@Little_Socrates: That's exactly what I need! Thanks a ton!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alistercat

@MB said:

@AlisterCat said:

...personal improvements suggested by users aren't going to be a priority or taken in to consideration...

This is completely untrue, there are dozens of examples from over the years that disprove it.

Suggestions can be posted in the Bug Reporting sections, PM'd to Dave or Ethan, or even emailed to support@whiskeymedia.com.

The more you know.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By alistercat

@dudeglove said:

@MB said:

@AlisterCat said:

Of all the times I've PM'd Dave, he has always responded. And every instance where I've posted in bug reporting, one of the duders has always replied.

For what it's worth, Daniel doesn't fuck around either when it comes to merchandise queries. Hell, the dude actually messaged me asking if I had got my t-shirt.

So no, the staff aren't blind at all to your feedback.

I wasn't insinuating that the staff ignore users. I've been in contact with Daniel and Dave several times. What I was referring to is a hypothetical scenario with someone sending Dave a message saying "Yo, I think the header should be orange" is not really in their interests. Of course they listen.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

@AlisterCat: To be fair, you did say user suggestions aren't taken into consideration...which is really the same thing as saying that staff ignore users.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By alistercat

@MB: I offered an example of when they have though with the embiggen, so I didn't actually mean never. But sure, I could have been clearer about what I meant.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#22  Edited By Kidavenger

What is the problem with the site that you are having anyway?