Is there a way for me to see a list of top rated XBOX games?

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

Is there some way for me to see a list of the top rated 360 games released this year or by genre? I just bought another 360 after my previous model (from 2006) RRoD'd on me 2 years ago and I missed a TON of great games. 

Any help? I can't seem to find a list of top rated games.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Honestly, I found out recently that like 90% of the 360 library is available on the PS3 as well. Anyway, just google it or something. Type in "top rated 360 games" and you will find a plethora of ign, gamespot, and forum links to lists that you are looking for.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papuccino1

I know I can find many many sites that have this type of list, but I'd like to find the list on Giantbomb because I like using this site.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Ah, ok. I don't think there is a list built into the site. You can just sort the reviews and go over the 360 ones, or you can just ask users to give you there favorite games for the system.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papuccino1

:\ that kinda sucks. 

Oh well, any games I should buy?

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShadowofIntent
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

Gamespot is better for that kind of thing...Giantbomb just simply doesn't review that many games and I think the reviews here are one of the sites weakest features.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By raidingkvatch
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Gamespot is better for that kind of thing...Giantbomb just simply doesn't review that many sites and I think the reviews here are one of the sites weakest features. "
I think the reviews are great, because I'm more familiar with the Giant Bomb dudes' personalities and tastes I find it way easier to tell from what each member of staff thinks of a game, what I'm likely to think; most sites, I don't know the reviewers too well and so I tend to shop around a bit more to get a general opinion of a game. It is true, though, that they don't review all the games and their reviews are often later than other sites', that's not really what Giant Bomb's about and thee are certainly better places for working out a top ten games or so that OP obviously wants.

@papuccino1:
Not knowing what you've got, or what you like, it's hard to give advise on what you should get, but my favourite 360 exclusives are the Mass Effect games and the GTAIV DLC, so get those, oh and Shadow Complex, because that game was awesome.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says
@papuccino1: click on the reviews bar, then click on the 360 bar and filter by highest score to lowest....
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@papuccino1: Depends on what type of games you like, but based on my previous research, you can't go wrong with these games:

• Halo series (FPS)
  • Fable 2 (RPG)
  • Forza Series (Racing)
  • Gears of War series (TPS)
  • Mass Effect series (Adventure, RPG)
  • Halo Wars (RTS) 
  • Crackdown (Action)
  • Left for Dead series (FPS)