Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe
No Caption Provided

"Heading to Kickstarter next week, where it will have a target of $350,000, Jagged Alliance: Flashback is a prequel that will explore the forming of mercenary organisation A.I.M. and cold war tensions."

"I’ve been surprised again and again by things like XCOM and Wasteland 2, how big a success they have been, either on sale or on Kickstarter. These old IPs have a much broader audience than people expect."

"There are some of these absolutely core mechanics that games like Back in Action removed, or dumbed down, to the point where it wasn’t JA anymore. At least not to me. They may have opened it up to new players, but they also alienated a lot of the core players."

- snipped from the RPS Interview

Interviews with Full Control CEO Thomas Hentschel Lund

Rock Paper Shotgun - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/17/squad-chat-jagged-alliance-flashback-interview/

PC Gamer - http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/jagged-alliance-flashback-interview/

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

They're about a year too late to use that tag line...

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Of that we can agree. :) I'm not complaining about more Turn-Based/Squad Based games though. I was really disappointed with "Back In Action" and the most promising thing about this project is that the Full Control studio is praising XCOM and criticizing some of the design choices made in Jagged Alliance: Back In Action. Let's see how this does. Apparently it'll go Full 3d with its own style, whatever that really means for the finished product.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

How is the hammer and sickle supposed to represent an "A"?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

@starvinggamer: If you don't look at the long sickle blade near the S in Flashback the Hammer and the now shorter sickle will be an A. :) That's what I had to do to see an A. Now add the curvy blade and you'll still see the A. El Magico...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

Huh, interesting. Not enough to back it, but I will watch and see what comes out and if it's any good.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By JackG100

Good news everyone!

JA2 is one of the best games of all times, so this is indeed great. Hopefully they will keep the gameplay at the same complexity-level as the old one, but with a better interface. And fuck Back in Action, that game sucks.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

@jackg100 said:

Good news everyone!

JA2 is one of the best games of all times, so this is indeed great. Hopefully they will keep the gameplay at the same complexity-level as the old one, but with a better interface. And fuck Back in Action, that game sucks.

On that note, I liked this from the PC Gamer interview:

"we’re going back into the turn based hybrid system that was in there in JA II. That’s like the core mechanics that have to be there – that you’re moving around in real time and then once you get into the line of sight of enemies it becomes a turn-based strategy game."