Jeff's Vita comment on the most recent Bombcast...

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By figurehead00

During the breakdown of what games are still coming out this year, Jason brought up Darkest Dungeon saying the Vita version would be the one to play. Jeff responded:

"Hmm... Things happening on the Vita lately that might impact the sales of that version..."

Have I missed something? I'm one of the few people that love the Vita so I'm curious.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno. Though that was weird, but assumed I missed something.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony have probably stopped making it or something, would take a while to sell inventory anyway. So they haven't actually announced end of support

Peebsxsicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was just a new homebrew thing released for the vita called vitamin that allows for game piracy on the vita, that is most likely what he was talking about.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, that would make sense.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

This is the correct answer.

There was just a new homebrew thing released for the vita called vitamin that allows for game piracy on the vita, that is most likely what he was talking about.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Not piracy. Homebrew. Piracy isn't enabled *yet* the developers of this exploit specifically stated they wanted to release this without swinging the door wide open to piracy.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man i wish the vita took off more as a console. i actually like it a lot (and am aware quite a few others do too).

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Homebrew Vita games? Now you've got my attention...

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Vita was hacked to enable piracy. Sony patched it recently though. Prevents you from accessing the store or psn account.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I'm right there with you. I really love JRPG's, especially on handhelds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the internet is to be believed Some hacker/modding/pirate (whatever you want to call them) group put out some screenshots and instructions on how they can now rip/copy vita games and run those copies on hacked vita's, but the process is not super easy or perfect yet. So the piracy door is starting to slowly creak open on the vita.

Also on an slightly unrelated side note a couple retailers around my area have been claiming sony is discontinuing the vita and they are waiting on word from sony to fire sale the vita's they have in stock. I don't trust them, because these are the same stores that only bring in games on pre-order now. Didn't pre-order the game before it came out? No sale.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

@peebsxsicle said:

Not piracy. Homebrew. Piracy isn't enabled *yet* the developers of this exploit specifically stated they wanted to release this without swinging the door wide open to piracy.

We're onto full piracy territory, now. Vitamin allows for game dumping.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@ripelivejam: I'm right there with you. I really love JRPG's, especially on handhelds.

I'll second (third?) this. Such a shame the Vita (and the 3DS in some cases) catches flak for not having a lot of games because if you're a fan of that sorta kinda B/Mid-Tier JRPG, I feel like it offers that in spades.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just sold my Vita this year. Hadn't used it in awhile and I still have the VitaTV for Persona 4 golden

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Nagafen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh Sony killing off PSM killed the Vita for me and led to this Homebrew scene.