John Vignocchi Discusses Life After Disney Infinity, How Developers Play Video Games, and the Giant Bomb Community

Lionheart377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Lionheart377
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That’s awesome I’ll check it out asap

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Thanks duder! Great to hear Johnny V's been busy, and it's always nice to hear his insights on video games.

That whole "am I actually having fun?" thing is what got me to eschew multiplayer progression systems or end-game grinds and the like. Either the game itself is fun and/or the story interesting, and the slow drip of more items and gear and skills is just a bonus, or it isn't, and I'm there for reasons that ultimately won't meet what I need in order to really feel satisfied with a game, and feel like I'm not just wasting my life watching these bars go up because lizard brain. When it comes down to it, if you don't have a strong foundation of "yo this game's fun to actually play" or "yo this game's story got me hooked," then any other progression hooks, dopamine bombs, raffle extravaganzas, whatever, all mean squat.

Anyways, lookin forward to the reveal on what he's been up to. And congrats to you on getting in on your first project!

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By constantk

I concur with previous commenters, it's always good to hear that Johnny is doing well and is very happy with his new bride.

On a tangential note, I've only recently been diving into Breath of the Wild. In fact, just yesterday I watched the Best Game GOTY deliberation video so hearing you guys talk about games from last year like Zelda and Nier was great timing for me. Johnny can come off in Giant Bomb videos as "just" a really fun-loving and silly guy. It's obvious from this discussion that he also has a wealth of knowledge, experience and passion for video games. It was a great discussion. Nice job!

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Love your interviews and it's great to hear from Johnny V. Good luck with your future work.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome!! I appreciate you catching up with Johnny V. I've been curious. I'll be giving this a listen soon!

Your interviews are great and I really enjoy your style. Admittedly I only listen to the ones where I have an interest in the person you're interviewing but they have always been fantastic so thank you! Keep up the great work!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What's Johnny up to?