JRPGs on the 360

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I didn't think anyone cared that much about the JRPGs on the 360, however I was looking at the Best Seller list on Amazon & in the Top 50, every JRPG for the 360 are on the list. I'm really surprised to see the current surge for these games now.

LosDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By LosDub

well in Japan sony has a much bigger following then the 360 and most of the developers are puttin em out on the PS and Nintendo DS systems over there. but wit 360 starting to grow influence over there we start seeing jrpg's coming to the 360. 

i know alot of folks want to see a Persona 5 be available on 360 :)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

The 360 doesn't have a large enough fanbase in Japan to continue to get as many JRPGs as it has, but they have been much more popular here, where people actually own the thing. Since Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and Tales are all coming to the wii, there's a good chance it will become the JRPG system of choice (after all, they chose the cheapest and least powerful console last gen too)

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Heartagram

Japan seems to choose whichever has the largest install base so the wii or 360 (in the US) Is the choice for them if they dont want to multi-platform it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah, there are still some RPGs to come out. To name one, there is Resonance of Fate, a Tri-Ace game. I personally can't wait for this because every Tri-Ace game has awesome post-game dungeons.

egads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By egads

From my understanding, the console of choice for JRPGS in Japan is actually the DS.  Which is just to say that the JRPGS you are mentioning are really not that popular compared to games like Monster Hunter.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
@egads: Well yeah, the DS is absolutely killing the competition in JRPGs, but some gamers don't really think those count. I'd say that is absolutely ridiculous, but that's the long and short of it.