Killzone 2 ruined all other shooters for me.

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Under_Influenz

After playing Killzone 2, I cannot go back to any other shooter. I tried playing Resistance 2 earlier and really miss the controls/movement that is present in KZ. It is hard to adjust to at first, but once you've become acclimated to the new control style you will realize that this is the new standard. I really hope other shooters from here on out add some degree of momentum and weight to the movement. That is all.

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Under_Influenz

After playing Killzone 2, I cannot go back to any other shooter. I tried playing Resistance 2 earlier and really miss the controls/movement that is present in KZ. It is hard to adjust to at first, but once you've become acclimated to the new control style you will realize that this is the new standard. I really hope other shooters from here on out add some degree of momentum and weight to the movement. That is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

For console shooters, I defiantly agree. However, KZ2 will not work for a PC game because, honestly, a mouse and keyboard will ruin the weighty turning speed.

Not trying to be an elitist, but KZ2 is below the standards of a normal PC shooter. But hey, there is no reason to hate simplicity. I hate it when people brag that a game is so simplistic in it's design. Sometimes, the casual have to get their fair share.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond
Tru3_Blu3 said:
"For console shooters, I defiantly agree. However, KZ2 will not work for a PC game because, honestly, a mouse and keyboard will ruin the weighty turning speed.Not trying to be an elitist, but KZ2 is below the standards of a normal PC shooter. But hey, there is no reason to hate simplicity. I hate it when people brag that a game is so simplistic in it's design. Sometimes, the casual have to get their fair share."
One of the reasons PC FPS can't be realistic, I agree.  It completely changes the gameplay in stuff like COD4.  On consoles it's tactical, on PC it's a twitch fest.

I don't think Killzone 2 is in any way below the standards of PC FPS games though.  It's actually better than 99% of them I'd say.  But the controls are really different and would never work on a mouse+KB.  The game is far from simple too, but it's not exceedingly complicated either.  It's more complicated than most shooters, Quake series for example.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK
Diamond said:
 COD4. 
Diamond said:
 tactical

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond
crunchUK said:
"Diamond said:
 COD4. 
Diamond said:
 tactical
...."
It definitely gets tactical on 360 online.  By tactical I mean Halo or Counterstrike, not the original Rainbow Six.
Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Under_Influenz

i was never a pc shooter guy, but i before KZ I was big into cod and halo.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond
Under_Influenz said:
"i was never a pc shooter guy, but i before KZ I was big into cod and halo."
I was big into PC FPS for over a decade.  Killzone 2 comes close to giving me that Quake 1 & 2 feel.  It's that good.  Probably won't be in my upcoming top 50 games, but it's in my top 200 :p  (probably in my top 30 FPS games of all time)
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killdave

Killzone 2 is a great shooter, but no achievement or landmark worth remembering though.
Now Killzone 3 I hope they finally get it right ! - and yes its coming ^ (I hope)

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BigBoss1911

Killzone 2 definetly feels alot different then other shooters,but I can still get into other shooters that arent like it.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Optiow

well then, that is a good sign all other shooters suck compared to it.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jordan23

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is probably the best FPS on the gaming market, but Killzone 2 is fucking amazing!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

I like the fact that it takes one shot to the head to kill someone, even with a pistol.  I hate games where a headshot is not a headshot!

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Grim_Fandango

Killzone 2 might now be the most innovative shooter out there, but I tell you this, they are a talented team that got it right the second time through in my opinion!

Killzone 2 won't be up there with my top 3, but it will definately be in the top 10.