Load Our Last Souls II?

Its_Yah_Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Its_Yah_Boi

One thing that has surprised me since the release of the first two Dark Souls II DLC packs is a lack of GB coverage (mainly I figured it would be at least mentioned on the podcast). I'm guessing that this is simply due to a result of the crew not having played it yet. This puzzles me for two reasons: One, having watched all of the Load Our Last Souls and the Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls features as well as the Dark Souls II check-ins, it seems like Brad and Vinny at the very least loved those games so I'd assume they'd be interested in the DLC. Two, considering the amount of time that went into making those features I'm assuming they must have been pretty popular with the community (I certainly loved them), thereby providing an impetus for further coverage in the genre. Is this lack of coverage due to plans to cover all of the Dark Souls II DLC once they've been released in a Load Our Last Souls II feature? Have I been neglectful and actually missed said coverage and features? Hopefully I'm not alone in this and I hope the GB crew would consider this type of feature!

Also this is my first ever post in the forums after lurking on the site for well over a year - please be kind.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rafaelfc

Brad said he'd wait for the PC version of Dark Souls II, which gave him an out to never play the game again.

Vinny just finished building the GBeast studio and is taking a break. Hopefully when he returns he and Alex may take a look into more Dark Souls II content. I would be all for it for sure.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea, Vinny's wife is about to have a baby too (in the next week or so I think). I'd bet he has plans to do more with Dark Souls 2 but it'll probably be a while.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I personally think it's still a little too early to have a LLS feature for this game. DS2 is still a fairly new game, whereas Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls had been out for a few years already. While the feature with Vinny was some of the most entertaining videos GB has come out with, I'd like to see Vinny (and Alex) do something else when they can that would be just as entertaining.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlue

@sir_walter_raleigh: I remember when the first DLC came out Vinny had mentioned his consoles were still in boxes. That, coupled with setting up GBeast and another baby on the way, I seriously doubt Vinny has had time to play anything at length lately. Brad sort of dropped off of the game halfway through the check ins and I doubt he ever went back. The Load Our Last format is meant to take a game that you played a while ago and see where you left off and pick it up from there. Dark Souls 2 is a tad too recent. That being said, that doesn't mean they can't do something in the future.

If you're itching for more souls content, Patrick did put up what he streamed of his playthough of Dark Souls 1 on his youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmO7LL8anYG5OrlFCZTFl0hLShcOzmgWq Also, he's has been hinting at playing Demon's Souls in the near future so people should bug him about that.

Its_Yah_Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet thanks for the info guys, that all makes sense to me!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Didn't Vinny say he finished Dark Souls 2?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BisonHero

The GB staff has been pretty shit at playing story DLC lately in general. How many of them played Burial at Sea aside from Patrick? Sure, they're playing the Infamous DLC, but I feel like they've skipped a fair amount of DLC in the past year or so.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did a series of catch-ups between Vinny, Rorie and Brad shortly after the release. And by series, I mean like, two or three videos.

Urmoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It also seemed to me, through brief discussions on the Bombcast and such, that neither Vinny or Patrick were really that impressed by Dark Souls II. They certainly enjoyed playing it but not as much as the first game or Demon's Souls. Perhaps that is the reason we are not seeing another Souls run.

Just a thought from a fellow lurker.

LatinaPride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@urmoff: Most people, myself included, werent particularly thrilled by DSII. The director of DaS and DS wasnt at the helm and there were rumors that it was made by a "B" team at From and considering the quality of the final product, I believe it.

Its a shame that such a good game turns into something mediocre just because it stands in the shadow of its predecessors. If anyone else made DSII it would have been a hit.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep. Just like Arkham Origins.

paradigm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome Sir_Walter! I'm not sure if we'll be getting much content from Vinny for awhile with all the things he has going on. Moving, setting up a new studio, and having a kid is a lot to have on your plate. I agree though, Load our Last Souls for Dark Souls II would be awesome. I'd also really like if he did any extended coverage of Witcher 3 too with him being such a fan of the series. Hopefully things settle down enough by the time that game gets released. I think Jeff Green did a play through of Dark Souls II on twitch and he's always entertaining so you may want to check that out if you're interested.

Urmoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@latinapride: You can include me in that group as well. As a huge fan of the first two Souls games I was very disappointed in DSII. The old lady at the beginning talking about how you would "die a lot and lose your souls" made it seem as if the game had become aware of itself.

I bought DSII on the day of release, something I have not done with a game in a couple of years. It now is no longer in my collection as I sold it about a month ago.

Also I think the comments you made about the From "B" team are exactly where DSII went wrong.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#15  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Patrick has mentioned the Dark Souls II DLC several times, and didn't seem to interested in it, since he wasn't too fond of Dark Souls II, and seem to get more disappointed with it every time he mentions it.