#1 Posted by Jeust (11376 posts) -

I'm looking for an old pc game which featured turn-based combat when sieging cities. With armies of the pirates (the player) and the defending garrison duking out in the terrain in front of the city. The armies were organized in squads. In the terrain you could hide your armies in the forests, and you could flank a squad.

You could also dig looking for treasures in the world.

This is a game before the 2000s, probably for Windows 95.

Help!

#2 Posted by GregSV (5 posts) -
#3 Posted by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@gregsv said:

Sid-meiers Pirates! maybe? It came out in 2004 but that's the only one I can think of.

Good try, but no. I thought it was called something like Pirate Gold, but I can't seem to find it...

#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

@jeust said:

I'm looking for an old pc game which featured turn-based combat when sieging cities. With armies of the pirates (the player) and the defending garrison duking out in the terrain in front of the city. The armies were organized in squads. In the terrain you could hide your armies in the forests, and you could flank a squad.

You could also dig looking for treasures in the world.

This is a game before the 2000s, probably for Windows 95.

Help!

I remember it as well. Your chance to win a due was based on how many men you have in your ship. You could follow maps and dig up treasure.

#5 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

@jeust said:

@gregsv said:

Sid-meiers Pirates! maybe? It came out in 2004 but that's the only one I can think of.

Good try, but no. I thought it was called something like Pirate Gold, but I can't seem to find it...

Found it. Pirate! Gold is the name.

Its a remake of Pirates!

Loading Video...

Yes?

#6 Edited by ottoman673 (769 posts) -
#7 Edited by Jeust (11376 posts) -
#8 Posted by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@jeust said:

I'm looking for an old pc game which featured turn-based combat when sieging cities. With armies of the pirates (the player) and the defending garrison duking out in the terrain in front of the city. The armies were organized in squads. In the terrain you could hide your armies in the forests, and you could flank a squad.

You could also dig looking for treasures in the world.

This is a game before the 2000s, probably for Windows 95.

Help!

I remember it as well. Your chance to win a due was based on how many men you have in your ship. You could follow maps and dig up treasure.

I think so.

#9 Edited by ottoman673 (769 posts) -
#10 Posted by Jeust (11376 posts) -
#11 Edited by eskimo (494 posts) -

I love that you're look for a game about pirates that is called....... Pirates

#12 Posted by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@eskimo: it's not Sid Meier's Pirates...

#13 Edited by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@eskimo said:

I love that you're look for a game about pirates that is called....... Pirates

Although on second thought, it might be the Pirate's Gold PC version. I played recently the version of the genesis and I thought it didn't much resemble the game I remembered, but that might be it. The graphics threw me in a loop.

#14 Posted by Akyho (1815 posts) -
#15 Edited by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@akyho: it isn't, but that looks like an interesting game. I'm going to give that one a try.

#16 Posted by Akyho (1815 posts) -

@jeust: Cutthroats is an excellent game. My go to pirates game.

#17 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2729 posts) -

I'm glad I scrolled through this thread first, I was thinking of a pirate game I played years ago yet couldn't remember the name. Cutthroats was that name, so I'd say that that's worth a shot.

#18 Edited by Jeust (11376 posts) -

@akyho said:

@jeust: Cutthroats is an excellent game. My go to pirates game.

Mine was the new Sid Meier's Pirates, but I kinda grew tired of that one. Time to try a new one.

#19 Posted by Fattony12000 (7927 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog. It's Sonic the Hedgehog, right?

#20 Posted by eskimo (494 posts) -

@jeust: Ah I got mixed up there.

Pirates! is still pretty awesome :)

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog. It's Sonic the Hedgehog, right?

This was my first guess. My second guess is Ape Escape.

#22 Posted by Patman99 (1634 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

Sonic the Hedgehog. It's Sonic the Hedgehog, right?

This was my first guess. My second guess is Ape Escape.

Did you guys EVEN READ THE OP? It's clearly Halo for PC.

#23 Posted by newhaap (457 posts) -
#24 Edited by Belegorm (917 posts) -

Sea Legends? I have never played it, nor do I know what it looks like, but I do know there was another old pirate game called that, by a russian developer called Mir Dialogue.