Looking for game critique writing/literature. Help me out

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By JackiJinx

I've been studying television and film through college and decided that I want to extend that to video game critique as well since that's a medium I'm more familiar with. However, when it comes to finding literature on the topic, I'm sort of hitting a wall (hence the topic). What I'm looking for are objective critiques on games in general or specific that are done more so in a professional manner (ie not written in a style using "you" or "I" and incorporates research). Like I said, hitting a wall here. Most literature tends to cover whether games are bad or not, which is not what I'm going for. I'm looking for something deeper than that. I thought that I might've been on the right track with the philosophy book on the Legend of Zelda, but even that seems a little less professional than what I'm looking for (though is definitely a start). If you'd like an equivalent to what I'm looking for, one book that covers the show Twin Peaks that fits the ideal criteria is Full of Secrets. It's compiled essays examining the show from different perspectives. I hope that wasn't too convoluted an explanation and hope that someone will be able to help me out here.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#2  Edited By JackiJinx

Apologies for the thick paragraph. Did do line breaks, but I suppose because I was posting from my iPad and the editor is different for that, it came out in this chunk. Again, apologies for those that find the wall of text offensive. Will edit it once I'm home for the betterment of your eyes.