Man, Xbox customer support is terrible

TheLoveAbove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheLoveAbove

Ive been a dedicated XBL member for 7 years now. Same account too. Well my account was hacked exactly 50 days ago during that EA sports leak that happened. Some dude stole my password, spent 50 bucks in microsoft points and bought a bunch of stuff for Fifa.

The estimated time to solve the problem is 25-30 days. Ive talked to 16 different customer service people and each of them has told me the same thing. "we cant talk to the escelation team directly, but we'll put a note on the account and call back in a few days for updates". Im also getting a lot of "you'll be getting youre account back for sure, youve included all the info they need so youll be good to go soon"

Well I called back Tuesday and I guess got someone who actually knows what theyre doing. He told me to call back in a week but told me he was going to hand my case number to the right people because im going through whats called a "stalled" investigation. He was probably lying and the next person I call will be clueless.

Basically, on November 11th the Escelation team called me but I didnt answer. They said theyd call me back on the 12th but all they need is 1 bit of information and im done. So they didnt call me back. I called and and had to talk to a regular agent. they just needed the original name on the account, which was my mothers name since I was 15 when I made my account 7 years ago. Thats all they needed.

Well, i get to call again on Tuesday and see if its settled. 7 year dedicated member.. even stayed with Xbox when my first 3 xbox's crashed. This is BS. I know its just an account and it doesnt matter. But still. Pretty messed up.

So I was to late for "release date shipping" for a game through amazon. What did they do when I called? they gave me a 10 dollar credit so I could purchase next day shipping. Easy, thats how everything should be.

Oh, I have my account back. I reset my password and recovered it. But they have it locked so I cant play any games online or spend money. I mean thats cool to do if someone else has my account. But they dont.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

I know someone who has been locked out of there account for 2 months, it sucks especially during this heavy release season.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrRedwine

Wow, I feel really lucky, I got mine back about 20 days after I reported the hack.

I'm sorry you're having a bad time of it, man. Hopefully they make it right somehow.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doesn't seem that bad...

TheLoveAbove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheLoveAbove

@MrRedwine: Thank you. apparently the confusion came from an XBL agent that messed up. A couple days after my account was hacked, i called in and she gave me the idea to reset my password and recover my gamertag so I can have it back on my consol. So I did that, and then she unlocked my account so i could play online. Apparently that was a big no no and a few days later I was kicked off again. I got online and changed my password but apparently theyre saying I changed the name on the account from my moms name, to my name. Which is also a big deal. I know I didnt do this, and I havent seen my moms name on the account since I changed it to an adult account when i turned like 18 or something. I think that lady screwed something up. Well, in my opinion its nothing. But apparently that name is a big deal. Which I dont understand. If they have my credit card info and where I made my purchases, my console ID to see what console my gamertag has been playing on, and my IP address. I dont see how they can just stall with this. Ive only ever had 1 XBL account, 7 years. Youd think theyd treat it differently.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By mscupcakes

I was once charged for DLC but it was never downloaded so I contacted XBL support and they had it sorted in a week. I was still able to play online and do everything as normal until then.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By beckley205

My profile was corrupted and I didn't even call because knew something like that would happen.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Brunchies

I've never had problems with xbl contact support, of course it was only for the red ring of death problem.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By nintendoeats

And it's 60 bucks a year.