Mario is the bad guy

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So a realized that Mario is the bad guy. The dude sells drugs, fights people constantly. Kills animals with his bare hands, lights them on fire or stomps them to death. Wario just spends his time playing arcade games and saving his money. The only time Wario is doing the same thing as Mario is when he is pulled into it by him. Plus, Mario has constantly got an angry face and Wario has got nothin' but a smile on his face. Am I crazy?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Forget both of those guys, Waluigi is the real good guy.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

You make a good point. Goomba's do seem to just be going about their day not really harming anyone "Just going to the shops for some milk...ahh fuck!" SQUISH!. There's some flash game Patrick once linked to that makes fun of Mario being a dick... I've forgotten what it's called though.

I think most of Nintendo's good guy characters are probably terrible. If some dude just ran into my home and started throwing my pots about I'd be pissed.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Wait ... is this really happening? Isn't the 'Mario is the bad guy' thing been done, a whole lot?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Original NES instruction manual all of the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom were turned into bricks.... he's the most famous mass murder on an epic scale.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By Slag

#teamdonkeykong

That's all I'm sayin. Learn the real truth folks, He's an unrepentant kidnapper. It was right there in Donkey Kong Jr. for everyone to see

No Caption Provided

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waluigi has a sandwich named after him. He can't be that bad

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep in mind that if Mario simply touches any of those goombas or turtles from the side, he literally dies. You'd be stomping on that shit too!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

And animal abuse, throws yoshi to the garbage when he is done with him.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Keep in mind that if Mario simply touches any of those goombas or turtles from the side, he literally dies. You'd be stomping on that shit too!

Just like spiders!

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

These words are the truth.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Corevi
@mooseymcman said:
@beachthunder said:

He IS the People's Champion. He has never done anything wrong and spends his days playing sports, racing karts and winning at board games.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@corruptedevil: No joke, I think he's the best racer (in terms of overall stats) in Mario Kart 8. I got really into trying to be good at that game to best an internet friend at it.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenobi: you make a good point till your on level 1-1 and let that first Goomba touch you instead of jumping on it.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think there is a case to be made for a lot of good guys to be the actual villan. and i think of link is in the same situation even though in all concepts there are outliers

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@kenobi: you make a good point till your on level 1-1 and let that first Goomba touch you instead of jumping on it.

This. The guy might be calmly walking toward you, but your inaction results in a quick and untimely death. He's a murderer. Unless there's a Mario prequel which shows us that they're just acting in self-defense (and canon story would dictate they're acting under orders from a kidnapper and possible molester - Bowser).

CottoneUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Donkey Kong's Mario is Luigi masquerading as Mario and sullying the name of his goody two-shoes, saving Peach and defeating Bowser brother.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:
@agentboolen said:

This. The guy might be calmly walking toward you, but your inaction results in a quick and untimely death. He's a murderer. Unless there's a Mario prequel which shows us that they're just acting in self-defense (and canon story would dictate they're acting under orders from a kidnapper and possible molester - Bowser).

I don't know, that's like a cougar attacking campers. Yeah, it's pretty shitty, but Mario is coming into their home environment and they're wild animals, he should respect their territory.

Avatar image for whiteforestparkrangr
WhiteForestParkRangr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If not the bad guy, he definitely takes competition everything a little too seriously.

Loading Video...

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Proof.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. They're just out there in the wild and will kill you as soon as look at you. Parents now throw a hissy fit over playgrounds, imagine THEIR reaction to these things. Goombas would be terrorists or something.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shindig

I've never once seen this Italian stereotype do any plumbing. I'm not even sure he's legally allowed residency in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no no no noo no no no no no

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mooseymcman said:
@beachthunder said:

He IS the People's Champion. He has never done anything wrong and spends his days playing sports, racing karts and winning at board games.

Yeah he's basically the Cosmo Kramer of the Mario world. Never does any work, but always seems to have enough money to do whatever he feels like doing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Corevi
@mikkaq said:

@corruptedevil said:
@mooseymcman said:
@beachthunder said:

Yeah he's basically the Cosmo Kramer of the Mario world. Never does any work, but always seems to have enough money to do whatever he feels like doing.

He gets money by pawning off his trophies from all the various sporting events he's won. His abnormally long legs give him an edge over every other competitor.

ScotchMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luigi is a fuckin mook

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario is bad and Wario is good? For real?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Mario ain't braid.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is Mario, not Spec Ops: The Line

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By DinosaurCanada
@dudeglove said:

The one that would make the most sense regarding Mario is that everyone in the Mario universe are all actors and literally every "game" is them doing a new performance. This can be blatantly seen with the opening scene of Super Mario Bros. 3, where a curtain is raised on a stage, or the fact you are being filmed by a Lakitu the whole time in Mario 64/Mario Kart games.

You can actually thank Hardcore Investigative Journalist and Giant Bomb's own Dan Ryckert for getting these sweet scoops, kind of proving this theory a few years ago.

No Caption Provided

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Twisted
Loading Video...