Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Max Payne 3...will you play it?I know its a loooong way ahead,and that the release date is TBA, but there is a lot of information about the game that makes me shake my head. I am a big fan of this noir game, so the fact that the writer of the first 2 games, Sam Lake, won't be working on the third installment is a huge disappointment. As well as Remedy Entertainment wont be developing. Max Payne looks fat,old and bald, and on top of all this, the game is apparently taking place  in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and not New York (which was next to the graphic panel the second best thing in the series)...also there is some rumor going on that they have taken out the graphic panel that was used in the first 2 games before and after each mission...I mean seriously, come on.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

Maybe.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By lucas_kelly

Well its kinda hard to say considering nothing has been shown. 

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ch3burashka

If they ever allow me to play it. I have faith in Rockstar as a developer - I'm sure they'll finetune the gameplay as well as revolutionize bullet-time in the process. However, the lack of Sam Lake is a major bummer. The Max Payne games are stories first and games second - without the narrative the gameplay can sustain the game, but it loses much of what made the games special. All I'm hoping for is that they understand this as well, and give the story and narrative the attention they deserve, as well as take extensive college courses on metaphors. 

As for the status of the game's development, it's entirely believable that, as per Rockstar fashion, they're keeping mum until they're ready for a complete blowout of info. However, the fact that the Take Two CFO specifically addressed Max Payne 3 with a very ominous "There is no update on that title at this time," I'm decidedly more worried. That phrase can mean many things, but to my ear it sounds like they're not happy with how it's looking.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@CH3BURASHKA: 
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
"the game is apparently taking place  in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and not New York "
If thats true, then that is all you need to know about the story.
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By GreggD

I kinda have to. I just hope Rockstar doesn't fuck it up.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akeldama

When (if) it comes out, Ill give it some attention.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Enigma777

I think the new art design is stellar! Tired of always playing gruff, macho space marines with shaved hair. I say bring on the pot belly and natural baldness!!! 

Also I think they're trying to remove themselves as far away as humanly possible from the movie, so I can't honestly blame them. 

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Bones8677

Max Payne 3 has a good chance in becoming the next Starcraft: Ghost. It's already going to be 3 years late. 

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StealthRaptor

I'm already getting a beer belly just to make sure I'm ready!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By wrighteous86

If it ever comes out, I'll definitely play it.  I love Max Payne.  If they stick with the non-New York locale, though, I'll be pretty disappointed.  I wouldn't have minded Max letting himself go, but New York was pretty integral to the series.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Sessh
@Wrighteous86 said:
" If it ever comes out, I'll definitely play it.  I love Max Payne.  If they stick with the non-New York locale, though, I'll be pretty disappointed.  I wouldn't have minded Max letting himself go, but New York was pretty integral to the series. "
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. They definitely will stick with Sao Paulo by the way, which really is as far off from the old setting as can be.
UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By UncleDisco

I think alot of people were kinda put off by the new design of Max and the new location, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a complete overhaul in favor of a more classic Max Payne due to the feedback on the first screenshots... Would also explain why we haven't seen it since. But I have faith in Rockstar bringing out a new quality Max Payne.. even though Remedy isn't invovled.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead

The best thing that can happen to this game is for it to be cancelled and everyone that worked on it gets fired.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Everything they've shown so far makes me hope that one day Remedy will claim back their ip. Max Payne was more than just 3rd person shooter combined with bullettime and i don't think they (R*) get it. 
Hope i'm wrong, but im not holding my breath.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Verb4tim: They killed Max off in Alan Wake, so I doubt they'll get it back and if they do, it'll just be to make sure no one else does anything with it.
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@HandsomeDead: Im glad that there are a few Max Payne fans here. 
DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By DjCmeP

I'll try the demo..sooooo... yes?

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ch3burashka
@Enigma777 said:
" I think the new art design is stellar! Tired of always playing gruff, macho space marines with shaved hair. I say bring on the pot belly and natural baldness!!!  Also I think they're trying to remove themselves as far away as humanly possible from the movie, so I can't honestly blame them.  "
I don't think they're even taking the movie into account. Surely they're not letting their decisions be influenced by it. I frankly completely forgot about it until you brought it up.
Cvamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cvamp

I loved the first game and have still yet to play the second. So..maybe

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By X19

If I want to play Max Payne I will play the first one. Really getting tired of shitty sequels to brilliant games.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zityz

No probably not.  I was excited about it until I realized it wasn't being developed by Remedy. So, no thanks. 

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By weegieanawrench
@dudeglove said:
" The appeal of the first two games wasn't necessarily the gameplay, but the writing. If Sami Jarvi isn't involved this time around then it might not be worthwhile.  Edit: He was also behind Alan Wake, by the way. "
Now I finally know who the original Max Payne face was modeled after!  

On topic, I will definitely play MP3, even though it looks as it couldn't be farther from the setting and tone of the first two (not necessarily a bad thing). Let's just say I'm curious to see how Rockstar evolves the series.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sameeeeam
@dudeglove said:
" The appeal of the first two games wasn't necessarily the gameplay, but the writing. If Sami Jarvi isn't involved this time around then it might not be worthwhile.  Edit: He was also behind Alan Wake, by the way. "
To be fair, Rockstar has pretty good writers on board.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stonyman65

Well, I did like the last 2 games a lot.  As long as they stick to the Max Payne formula then I'm down.    We'll just have to wait and see

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I will play it but I will really miss Sam Lakes writing, that was one of the biggest reasons why I adored 1&2. I do trust Rockstar to make a good game even If I am slightly disappointed, so I am still excited for Max Payne 3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xyzygy

The fact that Remedy is not doing ti really disappoints me, but what can you do. I guess I'll have to see. It definitely won't have the same feel to it.