Medal of Honor or CoD: Black Ops? Which one you'll pick up?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

It's a hard dilemma, especially when you have inefficient funds. Basically, Medal of Honor doesn't offer anything new, but a potentially interesting story and nice gameplay. I played the BETA and for everybody's surprise i liked it. It has it's nice ideas and it definitely doesn't come out every year.

The annual Call of Duty will be settled behind the enemy lines during the Cold War, which is a pretty attractive idea itself, considering that there hasn't been any successful Cold War games released. Call of Duty has never let me down (and so hasn't Medal of Honor), but I feel that Treyarch won't do as well as Infinity Ward. A lot of people are bashing both games so I don't know what to think. I'll probably pick up Medal of Honor. 

What about you?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Neither.  Online centric games are not for me.  From what I've seen of the 2 games probably Black ops if I was forced to buy one.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShockD

I don't think they'll be online centric. Call of Duty always has a nice campaign.

We can't know for sure in Medal of Honor, but let's hope it will be longer than Airborne.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By killroycantkill

I'm going with Medal of Honor. Black Ops seems like they took what people like the most about all the other games and crushed them all into a small jar and called it a game.   

Also I find the guns sound way better in Medal of Honor, but that's just me.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Wasara88

I'm pre-ordered MoH because i got it cheap. I already have MW2 and i don't like it so theres no need to get Black Ops.
And they both definitely are online centric games. I mean come on call of duty campaings are extremely scripted rollercoaster rides. They are entertaining but only once and i have no doubt in my mind that Medal of Honor will be just more that.

radioraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By radioraz
@antikorper:   a nice campaign to finish in 6-8 hours :P 
go for cod7
Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Jon

Not getting either one. I've had too much CoD for a while.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Probably neither but if I were to get one it would definitely be Black Ops. Two words: gun game.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Lukeweizer

Black Ops. I already have Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#10  Edited By citizenkane
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By meteora

Black Ops. Medal of Honor seems to be only good for getting the Battlefield 3 beta code.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arker101

I'll probably rent both of them, and if either of them are any good, I'll get it. 
 Unfortunately, my casual friends will jump all over B.O forcing me to buy it one way or the other.
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of those games appeal to me, so none.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raymayne

It's really not a hard dilemma imo...MoH looks like shit and played like shit in the beta and I guarantee it will be disappointing, CoD is an established FPS franchise that will sell millions, have a ton of post-release support, and be a way better game in virtually every aspect.  

That's coming from someone who doesn't even like CoD games, believe it or not.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Alexander

Medal of Honor has a lot to make up for.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Nadafinga

I'm pretty torn on this myself. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 much more than MW2, so that makes me want to swap into the MoH camp. 

But the beta for MoH left me underwhelmed, even though I'm trying to remind myself that it was a beta and I should reserve judgment. Conversely, I really like what I've seen of Black Ops so far, with all the new game modes and customization stuff.

So, yeah, not sure what to do. I'll probably end up buying both, and selling the one I end up playing less.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awesomeusername
@Killroycantkill said:
"

I'm going with Medal of Honor. Black Ops seems like they took what people like the most about all the other games and crushed them all into a small jar and called it a game.  

This. I hate FPS games because I suck in online FPS, only thing that appeals to me are the story. I wouldn't buy either, I'd just borrow.(:
ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShockD
@radioraz said:
" @antikorper:   a nice campaign to finish in 6-8 hours :P  go for cod7 "
All modern FPS are short. Cal of Duty doesn't last longer than 6 hours too. The important are the feelings they create.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marcsman

MoH. In DICE I trust.
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FirePrince

Battlefield 3. 
After playing Bad Company 2 and MW2,I want to play more battlefield. 
MORE BATTLEFIELD.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aetos

Black Ops for sure. I'm waiting on what I hear about MoH before I buy it.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Afroman269

Neither. I'm done with the COD series and Medal of Honor isn't catching my eye.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uniform

Possibly Black Ops, just because everyone I know will be getting it for the CoD name alone. I'm not fond of competitive FPS, as I'm absolutely terrible at them. The same scenario always plays out. I see an enemy player, and I immediately freeze up like a deer caught in headlights. If I don't instantly get headshot by him, I'll proceed to suck at aiming in a panic and shoot rounds in the sky.

skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By skadbob

I will be getting Black Ops simply because a lot of my friends are going to be getting it. I tried out the Medal of Honor beta and it just didn't click with me at all. That said, there's a big possibility that I'll just be playing Reach when Black Ops comes out and then Assassin's Creed the very next week. There's an even bigger possibility that I will just be playing Minecraft.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RsistncE

If Treyarch delivers on a stable online experience for the PC, I'll be picking up Black Ops. At this point I'm only really interested in the single player for MOH, but if the reviews come in saying the game is incredible I might have to pick that up also.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IkariNoTekken

I'm not sure I'll get either, I've had enough of all the AI controlled planes, choppers etc in MW2 unbalancing everything. So I've made a decision to not buy another Call of Duty game. 

I also played COD4 regularly online from its release in 2007 until a few months ago so I've kind of had enough of this type of shooter. 

If I had to make a choice it would be MoH because as I stated above I don't like how unbalanced it become once they added a ton of those killstreak rewards. Also as someone stated before, MoH has incredible sound design.