Michael Jackson: The Experience... Skeeviest game ever?

LuchaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By LuchaBear

If you haven't seen footage of the game, check it out at  http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31972.  

I mean... WOW! Lets have people dance along with a washed-out looking impersonator of a tragic pop culture figure (and possible child molester) who has been dead for barely a year.  

I feel dirty even looking at it. I understand that people working on the game need a job and have families to feed, but they must have trouble sleeping at night. 

Agree, disagree?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

oh yeah because this is somehow about child molestation.  Go complain about the marie claire article.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

It is an obvious cash-in, taking advantage of Michael Jackson's death. There's no denying that. It looks like a glorified Just Dance, IMO.

LuchaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By LuchaBear

My  problem is more about making a game about a man who is still recently deceased. More footage if that first one wasn't stomach turning enough...  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ghosts-gameplay-michael-jackson/706826. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mfpantst

game looks horrid.  more disturbed by the CoD RC carbomb ad than the game.  Grow some thicker skin, son.  People are cruel.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@JoeyRavn said:
" It is an obvious cash-in, taking advantage of Michael Jackson's death. There's no denying that. It looks like a glorified Just Dance, IMO. "
These are pretty much my thoughts entirely. The worst thing is that a lot of people are going to hand over money for this exploitation of a recently deceased man, what message does that send to publishers?
thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegoldencat7

Never heard the word skeevy before, so I learned something new.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@mfpantst:   He's not crying but you're coming off pretty rudely.  Answer his question instead of assaulting him.

@LuchaBear: Yes, it's probably the skeeviest game ever made.  Awful in every way.
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mfpantst
@SeriouslyNow: Sorry, sir :(

No I don't agree.  I think its a cash in but feel no moral compulsion either way.

And my rudeness was because I somewhat found it funny he did have a moral compulsion about the game.  (Must be a trend with those of us with weaker moral compasses)
sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By sixpin
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Gamer_152 said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
" It is an obvious cash-in, taking advantage of Michael Jackson's death. There's no denying that. It looks like a glorified Just Dance, IMO. "
These are pretty much my thoughts entirely. The worst thing is that a lot of people are going to hand over money for this exploitation of a recently deceased man, what message does that send to publishers? "
You mean those publishers who've been selling the same games over and over to an audience who pays top dollar for them (My Farm etc)?  They mostly don't give a shit what their audience thinks of them, they just care that they pay.  

Barry Kotick.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
These are pretty much my thoughts entirely. The worst thing is that a lot of people are going to hand over money for this exploitation of a recently deceased man, what message does that send to publishers? "
You mean those publishers who've been selling the same games over and over to an audience who pays top dollar for them (My Farm etc)?  They mostly don't give a shit what their audience thinks of them, they just care that they pay.    Barry Kotick. "
There's a world of difference between selling people a million My Farm and myNotebook clones and trying to profit from the death of a person.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Gamer_152 said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
" @JoeyRavn said:
You mean those publishers who've been selling the same games over and over to an audience who pays top dollar for them (My Farm etc)?  They mostly don't give a shit what their audience thinks of them, they just care that they pay.    Barry Kotick. "
There's a world of difference between selling people a million My Farm and myNotebook clones and trying to profit from the death of a person. "
Morally I agree with you.  Business wise not so much.  The fact that this exists now is testament to that.  They are trading on his death because it raised his public profile enough to sell the game.