Microsoft's answer for Nintendo's Bestbuy event

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205110

Apparently quite a few report have come in about Microsoft employee showing up at Nintendo's Bestbuy event to try to sway customers. Reading the comment and testimonies in the comments in the article.

God damn it Microsoft......god damn it

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who has worked at a best buy cna confirm that company reps do this all the time. Was always a point of frustration when i worked there.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Microsoft's desperation is palpable.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Anyone who has worked at a best buy cna confirm that company reps do this all the time. Was always a point of frustration when i worked there.

I really love that this is treated like something new *like you said its not*

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's pretty lame.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shinjin977

@the_laughing_man: I actually did not know this was a thing in the us. I was only there for college and I am not aware of most of these business practices.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: I actually did not know this was a thing in the us. I was only there for college and I am not aware of most of these business practices.

It happens a lot. Best example is someone shopping at a store and a rep from a company tries to sell them on something else. Like their are looking at the store brand of meat and say Boars Head has the same thing. The company rep comes and tries to push the item.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@the_laughing_man: wow I don't know how I feel about that.

Yeah, and it's not just for things like game consoles, either. I once had a guy at Best Buy come up to me while I was looking into buying a new printer and he was very adamant that I buy a printer from a particular manufacturer, throwing statistics in my face and everything.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@hailinel said:

Microsoft's desperation is palpable.

No kidding.

If I was Sony I'd go in for the Kill right now. Microsoft is reeling, if they play this right Sony can turn this into a rout.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have done this long ago instead of trying to copy Apple Store.

But in typical fashion, they are too late. At this point they are competing with even larger Samsung displays and Best Buy has seen better where sections are shrinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can see the memes now.

"Excuse me sir do you have a moment to talk about Xbox One?"

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By devilzrule27

@shinjin977 said:

It happens a lot. Best example is someone shopping at a store and a rep from a company tries to sell them on something else. Like their are looking at the store brand of meat and say Boars Head has the same thing. The company rep comes and tries to push the item.

The worst is when I would be talking to a customer about a Samsung washer, for example, and the freaking GE rep would come over interrupt me and start pushing his GE washers. I always wanted to punch that jerk in the face. Endless frustration and the customers would always come out of it feeling uneasy.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Thompson820
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By zombie2011

Nothing new, I worked at a best buy during high school and this happened often. Whirlpool, GE, Sony, Panasonic all do it.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst is when I would be talking to a customer about a Samsung washer, for example, and the freaking GE rep would come over interrupt me and start pushing his GE washers.

The fuck? Could you not kick him out of the shop?

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

That's just weird. I have to imagine the people interested in an XBONE aren't the people interested in a Wii U. On price alone.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandude said:

@devilzrule27 said:

The worst is when I would be talking to a customer about a Samsung washer, for example, and the freaking GE rep would come over interrupt me and start pushing his GE washers.

The fuck? Could you not kick him out of the shop?

Managers could but I always felt like that would just make an uncomfortable situation worse. I would just constantly complain to the GE regional rep(his boss) and to my district manager about it. I guess the guy was eventually fired or moved on or something because I eventually got a new GE rep who actually did his job, which is to educate the sales staff on any new products an make sure we're displaying the products we were contractually obligated to display.

My whirlpool rep was ace. If I ever needed a part for a customer to make a home repair or if a floor model was missing a part I could just give him a call and he knew not to mess around with the customers unless asked to. Also wouldn't get mad at me if I told him one of "his" products was substandard. Pleasure to work with.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

This really happens? I guess my Best Buy just isn't good enough to pull PR reps, because I buy pretty much all of my electronics there, and this has never happened to me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Humanity

Uh no dood, only Microsoft does these things, they are the evil thing we should all hate. Sony would never try to sway customers, Sony cares about us.