Might need to take a break in between Persona 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm starting to understand why it took the Bombcast guys so long to play Persona 4. It's been exactly a week since I started and I'm over 20 hours in. I'm loving the game, but I'm getting a little burned out. I think after I finish the dungeon I'm currently in, I'll finish out the month and take a break from the game for a little bit.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Man, it took me 130+ hours to finally start to get tired of playing.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By VoshiNova
You'll be back.
You'll be back.
Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VoshiNova: Oh, yes I will. I'm having a tough time in it though, as I haven't really been leveling up much and I'm on the third dungeon. The dungeon crawling is the part of the game I'm not enjoyable as much. I enjoyed the Inaba stuff more.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

I could keep playing Persona forever if there was more story. Imagine if there was a Persona game that spanned multiple years. You could start in high school then move on to college or something. And eventually become a salaryman. I want a 1000 hour Persona game that spans a decade!

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pierre42

@StarvingGamer:

And your social links become your wives/best man/Godfather or mother of your children.

Then all your social links flip at your mid-life crisis and you rebuild them as you get over it.

And your party members change as people move away and to your locale.

And because of this there is a party member for every arcana.

Then when you are 85 you fight and defeat Death with your team and become immortal.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flappy

@StarvingGamer said:

I could keep playing Persona forever if there was more story. Imagine if there was a Persona game that spanned multiple years. You could start in high school then move on to college or something. And eventually become a salaryman. I want a 1000 hour Persona game that spans a decade!

Psssh! My MC would be the luckiest dude in the world with a Teen Idol like Rise at his side. Well, at least until her career falls apart and shit gets dark. I'm talking along the lines of Nocturne and such where the world ends and Demons start tearing things up.

Dojima to the rescue, yo.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

I got it a week ago and I'm right around 35 1/2 hours...

The boss in the, 5th? Dungeon, the retro one, is giving a bit of a hard time though and I'm starting to feel like I need to stop playing for a while.

I actually only watched up to a few episodes of the ER where they were in Yukiko's dungeon so this has all been fresh to me and I love it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer
@Flappy Rise's mine. You can have Kanamin.
Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Flappy

@StarvingGamer: If that's the game you wanna play, then I'll pass on both. Magaret is a close second. Charlie/Yu/Souji would be better off chillin' in a limo for the rest of his days, anyway.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark

@SotoSaki: Fuse yourself a black frost, level it to get heavy fire damage (one more level if you have Slevel 10). Use mindcharge and heavy fire damage, rofllol as the boss dies to your extreme damage.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

This is what happened to me with Persona 3 Portable. I got the game a couple of years ago and play it exclusively for about three weeks during the Christmas Holiday. I got about 3/4 the way through the game and sent it back to Gamefly. I was burnt out. I wish that games of the like were slightly more compact and didn't stretch themselves out so long, because I do enjoy playing them.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morningstar

This game is sooooooo good. How you can stop playing I do not understand :)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@_Chad said:

Man, it took me 130+ hours to finally start to get tired of playing.

That was about the amount of time I put in Persona 3. I put closer to 100 hours in Persona 4, and I couldn't put either down until I was finished. Hell, the only thing that really stopped me from playing P3 for a couple of days was my original PS2 finally dying on me, as I was in the middle of playing the game.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

@Dark: Just wanted to pop back in here and say thanks! That made it a ton easier, and I didn't even have to rewind a week like I would have had to otherwise.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By toowalrus

@Flappy said:

I'm talking along the lines of Nocturne and such where the world ends and Demons start tearing things up.

Dojima to the rescue, yo.

God, I wish.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dark

@SotoSaki: I STILL had black frost till the end of the game, his spells lost their amazing but using him for mindcharge was handy. He is effective for at least the next dungeon or two. Just remember to work on the higher level fusion persona's, they have few weaknesses but are quite strong.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

I didn't read any of the posts besides the first one. I have to say that I agree. I got pretty fed up with what the game had to offer within the same time frame you listed - 20 hours. It just gets so repetitive. I recommend playing it in smaller chunks every now and then. I don't know how I can recommend that though, as I simply do not play games that way. Rather, I just stopped playing Persona 4 and never finished it.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By myniceicelife

@Dark said:

@SotoSaki: I STILL had black frost till the end of the game, his spells lost their amazing but using him for mindcharge was handy. He is effective for at least the next dungeon or two. Just remember to work on the higher level fusion persona's, they have few weaknesses but are quite strong.

ummm, black frost is the best for the rest of the game if you make him ;)

No Caption Provided
Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark

@MyNiceIceLife: I thought he was keeping up until I got severe damage abilities, he just doesn't do as much damage as the later persona's.