Most Memorable Moments in Gaming

TerraMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TerraMantis

I realize choosing 3 moments among the thousands of special moments in gaming is tough to muster and I have definitely not played every game in existence. Meaning, this list is simply the opinion of myself and my perspective as a gamer.

I hope you enjoy the video.

That being said, I had a difficult time choosing only 3 things in gaming. I wanted to say things like "the last boss in Bayonetta, the ending to Shadow of the Colossus or Kain's betrayal of Razziel in Legacy of Kain" but I think those situations belong on a different list like 'Stunning Betrayals' or 'Insane Boss Fights' so I tried to keep it pertaining to several gaming situations that I was caught-up in the moment and didn't feel like that influential moment related too heavily to some other sub-category.

So, try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible and let's hear THREE gaming moments that profoundly stuck in your mind as a gamer. It's not as easy as it sounds.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

In Silent Hill 2 where you find out that....

James was crazy and was responsible for killing his wife, and all the monsters were apart of his own creation.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Oh, I don't know. Off the top of my head:

• The end of Bully, where Gary insults your mother and Jimmy freaks out.
  • Metal Gear Solid 4... let's just say, your fist-fight with Ocelot.
  • That dance sequence at the end of Bayonetta. Not sure why that's stuck with me...
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: My first forays into World of Warcraft years ago, and Guild Wars 2 recently. There's some kind of magic when you go into a main city and get taken in by the grandness of it all. Seeing all these higher level people around you (well, in WoW at least. Got GW2 at launch so everyone was basically the same) and just wondering about all their armor / skills / pets.

2: Halo: Combat Evolved. It was my first FPS that I really got into (I played Goldeneye and some earlier FPS games, but don't remember much). Still love it to this day. Black Hawk Down was my first online FPS, and that was a hell of a thing to experience.

3: Any time something new and potentially game changing (or some small detail that seems so obvious but hasn't been used much) happens. Euphoria engine for Grand Theft Auto IV was one for the larger bit. Rico in JC2 getting partially wet when only partially in water (and a bit of snow covering him when in the mountains, or dust in the desert) was one for the smaller details.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

Braid. If you've played it, you know...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You produced that video? It's very well made.

In terms of my most memorable moments:

1. The time you first see a Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

2. When you exit Vault 101 in Fallout 3, and are greeted with an enormous wasteland.

3. The twist ending to inFamous.

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By LincoIn

Just three moments off the top of my head...

1. Halo: Combat Evolved. - Exiting the escape pod on Halo (2nd level), just looking around the environment. Seeing the expanse of the ring world stretch all around just stuck with me.

2. Resident Evil 4. - Entering the village, having all the townspeople flip out and chase you with cleavers and pitchforks. Then the chainsaw dude comes in, hot damn was that nerve wrecking.

3. Final Fantasy X. - Besaid Island. I was getting a bit bored up until this point, such a nice mood change.

domineeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By domineeto

Ash Lake in Dark Souls is unforgettable. The art direction of that game is some of the best.

My favorite moment by far has to be the first encounter with the creature in Miasmata. I played 2 hours of the game without seeing it, so it had completley escaped my mind. The moment I heard it's steps and breath behind me was the scariest moment in any game I can remember.

TerraMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

You produced that video? It's very well made.

In terms of my most memorable moments:

1. The time you first see a Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus.

2. When you exit Vault 101 in Fallout 3, and are greeted with an enormous wasteland.

3. The twist ending to inFamous.

Yeah I made it, I make reviews, previews, guides and (as of now) Top 3 lists on YouTbue. I also do a thing called Data Stream which is kind of a rip off of Gamespot's Escape From Mount Stupid.

Thanks a lot, I'm happy you think it's well made... my budget is like $3.

Anyway, I've never played inFamous but FO3 is classic and SotC wouldn't make the list because every single moment of that game is amazing. Shadow of the Colossus would have to be reserved for a 'Best Games of All Time' list or something.

Anyway, thanks for watching it and I'm glad you enjoyed it even if only mildly. = )

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no real order.

1. Mordin dying in ME3. I was so bummed out that I stopped playing for about a month.

2. Red dead redemption title card.

3. In madden 2012 online league I forced my opponent to punt to me while I was down 3 points with 7 seconds left and returned the punt 93 yards for a touchdown. I was down by 13 going into the 4th quarter it was awesome.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

- In Mass Effect, the conversation with Sovereign on Virmire

- The confrontation with Andrew Ryan in Bioshock.

- Red Dead Redemption's ending.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShockD

Call of Duty 4. All Ghillied Up on veteran. End of story.