My personal Ryan Davis thread.

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've held off posting anything about Ryan since I read about it on Monday.

Like most people here, I didn't know Ryan but I loved the guy regardless.

Not to take anything away from any of the other GiantBomb employees, I love all these guys, plus I'm from North Carolina, so there is that connecting with a couple of the guys.

While I don't think GiantBomb will ever be the same again, and they will never be able to replace Ryan. They can fill the spot, but no matter who they put in that place will never replace him. However, life goes on and the wheels keep turning. So while I think it's great to talk about what we loved about him and how we will miss him, eventually we will all have to move beyond what has happened. It's ok to mourn, but we should also to remember that death should be celebrated.

I know that the cause of Ryan's death have not been revealed (that I am aware of), but I would like to say the following;

I'm 42 years old and I personally, in January 2010, had quadruple bypass. I've also in the last year been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Heart disease is hereditary and my mother suffered from it, which is probably what caused me to have it, but I also know that how I took care of myself didn't help me at all. What I'm getting at though is, I know a little bit about how health and how you take care of yourself can affect you.

So, I'm curious what exactly did happen, as I can only speculate that he might have suffered from either a stroke or heart attack. So I am interested to know just for my own curiosity.

Anyway, I feel like my thoughts are wandering and not being communicated well, but I'm going to blame that on just trying to deal with Ryan no longer being with us, and that reminding me of my own mortality.

So, yeah.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Klei

I don't think you should feel wrong of thinking that way, we all thought of it. It's just that people won't really land on the subject, due to its touchy nature. I am wondering if Jeff will consider getting a better health, now that his friend ( most likely ) passed away due to his bad health and weight. I mean, these guys were often seen eating super disgusting and fat foods, and jokingly, I would always tell myself '' man, one of these days, they'll have health problems ''. And bam. No more Ryan.

As wrong as its sounds, Ryan's passing isn't... surprising, considering how large the man was. It's a terrible tragedy, of course, but one that could have most likely be avoided. And sure, all of this are just speculations. Maybe he passed away from some super rare disease that has nothing to do with his health. Until we get confirmation on this, we won't know for sure.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sionweeks

Much love man! We will miss him so much.

We love you Ryan <3

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeadPan

<> Duder

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Duders!

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayu_zane: Thanks! After posting this I did happen across that thread. I think I got to it from a link in another thread or something. Good looking out though! :-)

Rabbykayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rabbykayn

I hope you're feeling well Retro.

I'm not in the worst of shape for a 28-year-old, but I'm not in the best either. This stuff with Ryan is an eye opener for me. You always think in the back of your head there's always time to get into better shape, but really it could happen to any of us. Ryan will be my inspiration to clean up my lifestyle.