My situation with the Wii U and Nintendo Customer Service...

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So here we are on Christmas Eve. Many of us are enjoying our family and the games we enjoy together. And I'm fuming.

Let me start from the beginning.

Early in 2014 I purchased a refurbished Wii U directly from Nintendo. It worked fantastic until November, when it started to randomly lose connection with the gamepad and shut down the system completely. I played with it, re-synced, etc. and I got it to work just fine for a few more weeks.

I purchased Smash Bros. Wii U the day before Thanksgiving and 3 days later the system continued its issue of breaking connection with the controller, so I finally sent it in December 1st for repairs.

Weeks go by and I send in two inquiries, which were not answered fully at all. But to my surprise UPS shows up this morning with my repaired system, just in time for Christmas. My wife hands me a copy of Bayonetta 2 as an early Christmas present. I plug everything in and what happens? The problem is even worse than it was before. Instead of losing connection after 10 minutes, it loses connection before I can even get a game booted up.

I know the controller losing connection is a known issue. So have any of you had to deal with this? I'm incredibly frustrated at the moment. I had 5 days off, I wanted to sync my teeth into Bayonetta 2, (I'm a huge fan of the first) and I'm screwed. Any suggestions?

Regardless, Merry Christmas to the Giant Bomb community! I know this is a first world problem, but I'm going to get more sympathy out of a gaming community than anywhere else.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By katimanic

I feel like this happening to you twice with two different system is that maybe it is environmental factors. Any chance you have a microwave near by?

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AzlamOrlandu

@katimanic: I do. But I moved it upstairs and had the same issue. I'm going to take it to work on Monday and test it before I call Nintendo again. If it works fine there I imagine I'm out of luck. My biggest issue is that it worked for months in multiple locations in my home before acting up.

Also, it is the same system. The receipt says, "We have verified your problem and repaired the defective components." Which I believe they were referring to something in the Gamepad itself. I believe I got a new Gamepad, but I'm certain they sent back the exact same console. All of the wear and tear were consistent and all of my Digital games and saves were intact.

AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I called Nintendo Customer Service tonight and spoke with a wonderful guy who was amazingly sympathetic to my situation. He never once put me through the bullshit of plugging my system in and re-synching, which leads me to believe that they're well aware of the situation that I'm in. I'll be sending my system out 2-Day Air on Monday and I will report back the results.