Need suggestions for good co-op Xbox 360 Games

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

I'm looking for a good co-op game for the 360. My girlfriend and I like playing a variety of different types of games together; anything from Black Ops to Portal 2 to Sonic All-Stars Racing. She particularly likes racing and puzzle games. I am also open to a good campaign that could be played split screen as well. If the suggestions could shy away from shooters that would be great, but I realize most of the best co-op campaigns are shooters. All help appreciated, thanks!

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ABritishNerd

@kmdrkul: Portal 2 is a great co-op game, and is a puzzle game so I think it would suit your girlfriend. I also enjoyed playing Dead Island through with a friend and although it does have some shootery (yes that's a word) elements it's a really enjoyable experience.

Take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cooperative_games_for_the_Xbox_360 for a full list, then cross reference that with some of the brilliant GB reviews.

I hope you and girlfriend have a blast, there's still nothing that compares to gaming with company.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

@ABritishNerd: Thanks for the Dead Island suggestion. We actually love zombie flicks and I had no idea that it had co-op. Cool find with that list also!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By bibamatt

Borderlands is FANTASTIC split screen co-op, but kind of a shooter. You should buy Rayman Origins immediately when it's released. So much co-op fun!

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Matfei90

The Gears of War and Halo series are fun in co-op with friends. Borderlands is good too.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
Earth Defense 2017 is the best co-op game ever provided she isn't scared of giant bugs. 
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

N+ on the marketplace is really fun, my friends and I played that for quite a bit a few years ago./n/61-20773/

EDIT: For some reason when I try to link the "N+", it puts the link at the end.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul

@Neferon said:

Maybe this will help :)

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=1&sort=rating&direction=ASC

Thanks for this link, awesome!

I actually own Borderlands but have never tried to do split screen because I remember the menus being REALLY stupid when two people were playing. It was a fun game and wasn't gory in a realistic way so that wouldn't be a bad choice...

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By swoxx
Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Levius

Try Hunted: the Demons Forge, its full of jank and is rough in places but I can be fun if you can look past its issues.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TimeWaffle

Try some downloadable games like Castle Crashers or Dishwasher: VS

Avatar image for rated_r_superstar
Rated_R_Superstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you like rpgs Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesparia, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 have local co-op campaigns. Many sports games have co-op seasons. Also games like Rock Band 3 have plenty of co-op goodness.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

I played Viva Pinata with my (Then) Girlfriend, that is not stressfull and it is easy to pick up and play.

also i think viva pinata 2 has even easer co-op. ( you just have to make a fence to make sure that dustructo, or what ever his name is doesn't get into your garden )

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By Little_Socrates

Deadly Premonition is probably only playable for most people with someone else on the couch. Other than maybe BioShock, it might be my favorite game this generation.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Commisar123

@Little_Socrates said:

Deadly Premonition is probably only playable for most people with someone else on the couch. Other than maybe BioShock, it might be my favorite game this generation.

.........fuck you

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mazik765

@ABritishNerd said:

@kmdrkul: Portal 2 is a great co-op game, and is a puzzle game so I think it would suit your girlfriend. I also enjoyed playing Dead Island through with a friend and although it does have some shootery (yes that's a word) elements it's a really enjoyable experience.

Take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cooperative_games_for_the_Xbox_360 for a full list, then cross reference that with some of the brilliant GB reviews.

I hope you and girlfriend have a blast, there's still nothing that compares to gaming with company.

Dead Island isn't split screen, is it?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Commisar123said:

@Little_Socrates said:

.........fuck you

You know you love me.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By MetalBaofu

As someone else mentioned, look into some XBLA games if you haven't already. That's a good place for some non-shooter coop stuff. Outland, Splosion Man, Fancy Pants Adventures, etc.

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ABritishNerd

@mazik765 said:

@ABritishNerd said:

Dead Island isn't split screen, is it?

Oh God, no it isn't. I must have blanked on the split-screen bit. Disregard that one.

drowsap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By drowsap

I think it was said but in my opinion Castle Crashers is 1 of the best couch coop games and its only 800points (10$) its a really fun beat um up with some rpg thrown in

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Everyone here will hate me for this but I played the Cursed Crusade demo on Co-Op and had a lot of fun while doing so.

Dishwasher series is good from XBLA.

Army of Two (1 and 2) is fun when playing Co-Op

Crimson Alliance.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Dagbiker

Kingdom/world of keflongs and lego series.