I started a rather decent built here in another blog post, and came to the conclusion that some parts just didn't suit my needs. Now that I've done a little more research, I've been able to compile the following computer. It fits my budget much nicer, while still being able to do the things I want it do. If any duders see a flaw in the compatibilities, please let me know. If something is missing that I've over-looked, I would really appreciate the insight!
Core / Internal
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
- GPU: MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
- PSU: Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W
- M/B: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
- WIFI: ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express 300/300Mbps
- DVD: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
- FAN: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Accessories / Non-internal
- Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard
- Mouse: SteelSeries Kana Mouse
- Monitor: ASUS VS239H-P Black 23" 5ms
- Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Now that I'm more satisfied with my build overall, my only concerns lie with incompatibility. My main concerns are: Is the PSU enough to power it all? Will everything fit in the case correctly? (and) Is the CPU fan enough?
Thanks again for all the help, duders!