New Warhammer 40K 3rd Person...Melee Game?

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mattbodega

Just spotted this on Gamespot. Apparently a video have surfaced on youtube of a new 3rd person Warhammer 40K. The rumor, at this point, is that THQ, who owns the 40K license, is going to officially announce this game in the near future. You can check out the youtube link below.

I really love the look and the style of the game(it does a good job really nailing the grim 40K aesthetic. Unfortunatly, we've already seen that aesthetic in Gears of War, and the gameplay itself seems to be a much much slower moving God of War(Both major GOW games!) I'm not sure I'm totally behind the idea of a melee fouced 40K game. It seems like the shift away from ranged combat to melee combat is specifically designed to not make the game seem like of Gears of War Clone, even though Gears of War cribbed many of its art style ideas from 40K!
It's a super ealy build, apparently, but I'm mildy interested. Oh, and I'm gonna go create the "Cinim-action" page. Cause it's so dumb.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By grilledcheez

Looks like it's going to be repetitive as hell...does have some cool looking moments though.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Firstly I'd just like to say that this isn't a confirmed game, this may only be a concept video and nothing more, you'll notice it was posted on Gamespot's rumour control. I think it's way too early to tell anything about the game but the graphics here look pretty cool.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

wow, this actually looks pretty interesting to play. Third person shooter whre you can charge and cut up dudes.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xxNBxx

hmm,  I am a fan of 40k, but i am wondering if they will be giving you different weapons as you go through the game.  If they don't the game might get old fast.  Another thing is they really should make a ton of these "Cinim-action" and i mean just when they think they have made enough they should make more.  You need to have at least one for each side you attack from, and one for each type of weapon you have.  I also hope there is more then just Chaos in the game.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Whoa, a lot of that actually looked pretty badass. And for the record, the Gears franchise has NOTHING on the Warhammer 40K franchise.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

Saw this on NeoGAF.

I'm not a 40k player, or a plain Warhammer player.

Although I do like the RTS versions.

And I really love the PSP game.

It's a good universe- I'll look into this.