Next Gen Consoles will Probably Arrive Later than Usual

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I think this E3 prooved that the next gen consoles won't come out until a bit later than the usual 5 year cycle.   By now we would have seen new information about it.

And this has me at two points.  Unlike just about everyone else it seems, I want a new console. If I just have to pay $400 for a new console, it really isn't bad at all.  With that would come better graphics and whatnot.
That being said, I've also noticed something else--> consoles are seeming to be able to start hitting a stride they weren't before with no sign of true end.  It's well known that besides the launch of a console, there's typically no great new games for about a year.  And really, it seems like there's tons of life in these consoles. 

So what do you think about it?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By maxszy

Hasn't this been pretty much known for a long time? I mean ok, this E3 may have solidified it but have people really still been thinking that they were going to be releasing another console fairly soon?

Graphics are at a peak right now, without another mountain to climb. The technology has pushed them so far, that just improving the graphics a little bit on another console wouldn't be enough. Perhaps this motion camera stuff is the key, but I doubt it would roll out as a whole new console, instead just be and add-on.
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pissedoffthewitch
@SmugDarkLoser said:
" I think this E3 prooved that the next gen consoles won't come out until a bit later than the usual 5 year cycle.   By now we would have seen new information about it. And this has me at two points.  Unlike just about everyone else it seems, I want a new console. If I just have to pay $400 for a new console, it really isn't bad at all.  With that would come better graphics and whatnot.That being said, I've also noticed something else--> consoles are seeming to be able to start hitting a stride they weren't before with no sign of true end.  It's well known that besides the launch of a console, there's typically no great new games for about a year.  And really, it seems like there's tons of life in these consoles. So what do you think about it? "
I think your one of the few people who are thinking about next-gen at the moment. Everyone is going crazy over the games being shown off still.