Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

"Monkey Band"

Nintendo in Japan are due to publish "Tsukatte Utau Saru Band," or "Make and Sing: Monkey Band" on it's DSiware service on April 28th. Make & Sing: Monkey Band is the latest game from Japanese developer Muu Muu, the same developers that previously brought Japanese gamers "Bear Band".  Just like Bear band, the game is a "Omakase Song Maker". "Omakase" is a Japanese word that basically means to entrust someone with doing something for you. In the case of this game, it appears that kids will pen a song of their own creation and then watch a bunch of little monkeys perform the song on stage, in monkey voice : /  

That's what appears to be happening in the short video Nintendo is showing at a newly opened info page: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/dsiware/k3lj/index.html      

I love playing weird and wonderful Japanese games/ but this seems totally crazy and weirder than most others, especially given the high cost of 800 Nintendo Points. It may well be targeting kids, young girls I'm sure, but that cost seems way too high.  If it were 200 points I would probably buy it for a laugh, get my monkeys singing song with vulgar lyrics etc.