Nintendo's analogue stick placement is by far the best!

scaramoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scaramoosh

There is a reason why I always preferred the offset analogue stick of the 360 controller and the Wii U has made me realise it isn't down to it being offset. When I hold a controller, my thumbs naturally point diagonally upwards and straight to where the analogue sticks are on Nintendo's pro controller and touchscreen gamepad thing. It is so perfect and comfortable and the only other people who have thought of this are Valve and their Steam controller prototype.

Just cements the reason why I find Sony controllers so uncomfortable to use, always feel like I have to angle my hands down and so they end up being wider than the controller and I have massive gaps between the controller and my palms.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I disagree. Sony controllers are by far my favourite with the WiiU Gamepad as a second at the moment.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

How on Earth are you holding that Sony controller?

Putting the right analog stick on top might be great for shooters, but I can't see it being good for platformers where the right face buttons are more important.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

my thumbs hit each other when I use a ps3 controller.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@monopolized: never understood how people do this. unless you put your thumbs half way over the stick.

the playstation controller is such a great controller. it has stood the test of time. also apparently they made the ps3 stick have a bit more weight to them which is the only thing that i think could be improved.

maybe im a sucker for symatry but the sticks on the same level just seems right.

note: i think the xbox controller is pretty good too.