no love for pc?

Elyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Elyx

( accidentally posted the last one before i even began, lol, sorry )

anyway, yea, just wondering why Giant Bomb doesn't seem to care much about pc games? i mean, the guys have covered next to nothing on the platform, and i don't think "busy" is gonna justify anything since it's easily just as happening as console systems, if not more. i can easily name half a dozen pc games on the horizon that are hugely anticipated and reported by other sites -- but GB has managed to do nothing so far.

i kinda understand, you know.....the GB guys haven't never been very into pc games back in the GS days. but as a gamesite, i don't think this is a competant sign. so yea, GB definitely needs improvement in this matter.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I can understand not having many PC reviews at this point, since there haven't really been any recent releases. But I will be severely disappointed if they skimp on reviewing all the big PC titles coming out this fall and holiday season.

Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pete

You have to go where the money is.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demilich

Not much has been released on PC recently. Give it time I suppose.

I do hope they review S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky soon after it's release this month.

Elyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Elyx
Pete said:
"You have to go where the money is."

i'm actually quite ok with this direction...it's not like i'm naive or anything. but if this is what Giant Bomb is all about, i would like the team to be frank with its users, instead of putting up a pc section with absolutely no update like it's a retro system

also, the fact that lately there hasn't been many pc releases shouldn't be an excuse. game sites aren't just about reviews...what about the previews and updates? Q4 2008 is actually pretty exciting for the pc gamers, so i'm really expecting something from GB....if it is to be expected.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By duxup

There are all of four guys who do editorial like things at Giant Bomb.   Accordingly their interests and time are going to be limited.   That's not to say I'm not also a bit disappointed too but it is a staffing thing as far as I can tell.

Hopefully when / if they ever add more staff they will look for people with other interests in games.   Hopefully not someone who is big into fighting games....

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By xruntime

I agree 100%.

I was considering starting a forum post about how this site seems just for consoles - the reviews/news has been primarily console, the forums are filled with very few PC posts.

As a PC gamer only, I'd like to see some more time given to PC gaming on this site. I can understand that this is the off-season, like colonel, I just hope GiantBomb plans to address this pretty large industry.

And as mentioned, "Clear Sky" is the one I'm looking forward to as well. It's a very big title, Shadow of Chernobyl selling almost 1.65 million copies (according to Wikipedia, that's more than Crysis), so I think it definitely deserves a detailed review.

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By albaker

Maybe Giantbomb doesn't have a very good and capable gaming PC.......

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike
albaker said:
"Maybe Giantbomb doesn't have a very good and capable gaming PC......."
That's definitely not the case.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Hilarious! This sounds like one of those repeat threads you see on System Wars.  Just about every damn game that comes to the 360 is cross-platform to the PC. So I don't see why you would be worried about it.  Let's not forget about that massive PC game SPORE, that will be about next month.  I'm going to play it on my PC as it's offered on no other console.

The PC is also my backwards compatible location for old Xbox games (I get the PC variants).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike
Lind_L_Taylor said:
 Let's not forget about that massive PC game SPORE, that will be about next month.  I'm going to play it on my PC as it's offered on no other console.
Spore will eventually be released on every platform.  Just you watch.
Elyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Elyx
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Hilarious! This sounds like one of those repeat threads you see on System Wars.  Just about every damn game that comes to the 360 is cross-platform to the PC. So I don't see why you would be worried about it.  Let's not forget about that massive PC game SPORE, that will be about next month.  I'm going to play it on my PC as it's offered on no other console.

The PC is also my backwards compatible location for old Xbox games (I get the PC variants).
"
your reply = massive fail, since you didn't even really get what i'm trying to say. check the pc section on this website while you're at it, smart guy.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
MB said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
 Let's not forget about that massive PC game SPORE, that will be about next month.  I'm going to play it on my PC as it's offered on no other console.
Spore will eventually be released on every platform.  Just you watch."
It could take a year for the other consoles to have it & I can't wait when the PC game is out next month. It's just too awesome to pass up. :)
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
Elyx said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Hilarious! This sounds like one of those repeat threads you see on System Wars.  Just about every damn game that comes to the 360 is cross-platform to the PC. So I don't see why you would be worried about it.  Let's not forget about that massive PC game SPORE, that will be about next month.  I'm going to play it on my PC as it's offered on no other console.

"
your reply = massive fail, since you didn't even really get what i'm trying to say. check the pc section on this website while you're at it, smart guy."
LAWLZ!  Why so serious?  Maybe you can rip my head off while you're at it? 
Elyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Elyx

don't worry about me, i'm not the one who's embarassed here. ;)