Grim fandango remastered

What y'all getting and why??

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Grim Fandango. The original was, at best, a 4 star game due to the horrible controls. The setting/characters/story/character design/etc... are all great, but with point and click controls, the game would be close enough to perfect.

The others:

• Dying Light - I have this on my Steam wishlist, although, I should probably remove it. Maybe instead I should just replay Mirror's Edge, but with the gamma set to make it look brown and murky.
  • Life is Strange - I suppose theoretically I should be into it, but the stuff I've seen hasn't exactly piqued my interested. Maybe I've just had my fill of time travel/time manipulation games :|
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

None.

Played Grim Fandango before, not as much of a fan as most people. Might get it eventually but certainly not on launch.

Barely know anything about Life Is Strange but I think it's episodic so I'll wait for it to be fully released, if it's any good.

Dying Light looks creatively bankrupt in every way.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Don't have much interest in Dying Light, Grim Fandango I've already played, replayed semi-recently and still have my playable copy around.

Life is Strange eventually. It's only the first episode so I don't feel bad waiting a bit, I like to play episodic stuff all at once instead of spacing it out if I can. But it is a game I'm actually pretty interested in, one of my more anticipated releases this year

I got a boatload of Steam games off the winter sale so probably not real wise to buy anymore till I've played what I got. Probably won't be getting anything for a while if I can stay disciplined.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Slay3r1583

Grim Fandango - It's one of those games I was kind of always interested in playing but never got around to.

This one isn't really a big release but I'm also thinking about getting Neptunia Rebrith 2. I'm kind of on the fence about it though because I wrung pretty much everything out of Mk2.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lost_Remnant

I want to give all of these games a shot at one point. Grim Fandango for being a piece of gaming history I've missed out on, and Dying Light just for some low-key, uncomplicated run around a map and bashing some skulls in type of fun. These type of games also tend to be a lot more fun in co-op so I imagine I'll play through it with my friend.

Life is Strange is the one I'm the most interested in. I'm down with time traveling nonsense and really like the look of it. Remember Me was also a very flawed, but very fun game for me so after that game I'm willing to give the developers a shot on other projects. Especially if they all keep being as interesting as Life is Strange seems to be. Still, I have a huge back-log so I won't be touching these games soon, but Life is Strange will probably be the first one I do play out of the three.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not interested in any of those, which is good, since I'll need as much money as I can get for February.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

Oh right, Life is Strange is coming out. I gotta get on that. Remember Me was like a B science fiction movie that was actually far better than it had any right to be (so to speak).

I think Grim Fandango will be the biggest release though. Err, the most noteworthy. I'll be picking up Life is Strange and maybe hold off on Grim Fandango until a) it's on sale, or b) I'm actually ready to play it when I buy it.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-grim fandango;I heard great things about,never played it,wanna see what all the fuss is about

-dying light;I enjoyed dead island,at one point I thought it was the greatest zombie smashing game ever,dye to the variety of weapons and mechanics,it got a lil repetitive,looking forward to new gen zombie smashing (more so dead island 2)

-life is strange;reminds me of games like heavy rain,wolf among us,the walking dead etc....looks engaging enough

All these are on my radar,but once word of mouth get out,it's when I'll make my desicions

Ps;I feel all of you on your reasons and agree

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By LisaTiffany

Picking up Dying Light, I liked Dead Island so I'm curious to see what kind of direction they are taking this. I'm hoping for a large open world to explore, if they nail that then it's a start.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lisatiffany: i read somewhere that the world is pretty big,if it's as satisfying in the combat department as dead island,and has a descent story it's gonna be good :D

LastBestHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would be getting the Grim Fandango remaster if I hadn't just played through the game a second time right before they had announced it! Grim Fandango is one of my favorite games of all time. It's hard to play through any older games now because I keep having to worry that they will remake/remaster it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Call me crazy but I'll eat up any fast paced zombie game. The slow methodical zombie games, not so much... I wanna be kept on my toes, head on a swivel. So I'm excited about this. Not getting launch though.

I'll get Grim Fandango far down the road. I could definitely see it as a PSN giveaway in maybe a year and a half.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurricaneivan29: I feel you on that,I prefer the zombies a lil quicker than just brainless slow walkers,hope it's as good as dead island,had a lot of fun with that game

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@illnoise33: Haven't played dead Island. Almost bought it. But I loved Left 4 Dead with friends. A lot of intense fights. Fast paced war of attrition. That's it: zombie games are meant to be fast paced wars of attrition, not strategy.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurricaneivan29: Dead island has fast paced zombies,and imo it's better than left 4 dead

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can't believe dying light is coming out. That came out of nowhere.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: It's a new year,there will be many games releasing we been waiting for,can't wait for many myself :D

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm interested to see what Life is strange is like and if people recommend it. But I probably wont buy it until every episode is out. I still have some games from my Steam winter sales haul to play through, so I'm in no hurry to buy new games.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me on the other hand,I'm always hungry for new games

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Even though I said otherwise in the episodic gaming thread, I'll probably pick up Life is Strange. Time Travel is my drugs.

illnoise33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice