NWN 1/2, Baldur's Gate 1/2, and more D&D 80%off

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Damn it, awesome promo like this always happens when I can't afford it! But I thought I had at least let you guys know about it so you don't pass out this opportunity to get these amazing games from http://www.gog.com

Hopefully this news wasn't already posted, if it was please accept my apology.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the heads up! Going to check it out to see what I can get for myself or maybe some gifts for others.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up! Going to check it out to see what I can get for myself or maybe some gifts for others.

Glad to help out! GOG outdone themselves with this promo for sure.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Laiv162560asse

This is a great bundle if you buy everything together, but just be aware of how the discount works. The more games you deselect, the smaller the discount becomes until you're paying close to full price for one game on its own.

This is a slightly beefed-up, better value version of the $20 Hasbro D&D Anthology which is on sale at Gamestop all year round. I would definitely get this if I hadn't already bought the D&D Anthology, but if I select only the games I've missed out on like NWN2 from GOG then the diminishing discount means it's not worth for me it any more. It's really weird to me that GOG don't have the Anthology available for purchase outside sales like this, but I guess there's some weird licensing issues involved with Hasbro.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pikawai

@laivasse: I don't know about Gamestop but GOG's version come up with an installer, all the games are updated to their latest version with all the DLC's and works with windows, 7, vista...etc. There is also the goodies (artbook, OST...etc.) that comes with the purchase for each game.

But yeah, just like you said I wish this promo was all year round, so once I get a job I know that I'll be able to buy them with this discount.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@pikawai: These are old games so the digital versions are pretty standardised across different vendors. When Baldur's Gate was repackaged as Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga, both the GOG version and the D&D Anthology versions of BG stopped working with a popular mod for a while (BGtutu - well worth installing btw). That suggests you're getting the exact same files, at least as far as Baldur's Gate is concerned.

But you have a point, in terms of extra goodies and smoothness of install GOG definitely comes out in front when the prices are equal or better (ie. now). Just pointing out that with the notable absence of the NWN games, a deal of similar value exists regardless of sales. Not just from Gamestop either, Gamersgate has the D&D Anthology too but for some reason it's priced worse for Europe than at Gamestop.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By casper_

oh shit this is some serious buisness

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Temple of Elemental Evil for PENNIES. You can't go wrong with savings like that.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sumbog

Ya, I just started Baldurs gate for the first time ever this weekend! The NWN games were not downloading correctly at the beginning of the weekend, which was quite disappointing, but they had it fixed by Sunday. Overall a great deal.

Also learning D&D rule sets its quite a challenge, but its cool so far.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pikawai
@casper_ said:

oh shit this is some serious buisness

I know right! I really hope they will do it again so I can buy it... Man, I had hate to miss this deal for good.

@sumbog said:

The NWN games were not downloading correctly at the beginning of the weekend, which was quite disappointing, but they had it fixed by Sunday. Overall a great deal.

You're not the only one to have had this problem. I bet they run in some issues with their recent servers and installers update.