Occasional/Game Specific Disc Scuffs?

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By neoepoch

So this may sound strange or be coincidental. I've been having trouble with disc scuffs and Xbox 360s on occasion. This doesn't happen often but it has happened twice and is...odd to me. So back in 2008 I bought a copy of Force Unleashed and played it on my 360. Now when I've started the game, it made some awesome (by awesome I mean frightening) sounds while reading the disc. It literally sounded like the game was being ground to dust in the system. When I pulled it out there were a few awesome scuffs that appeared on the edge of the disc. It didn't prevent play but caused some cutscenes to skip around a bit. It never happened with any other game, so I didn't know what to make of it. I actually exchanged the game without an issue, but it happened again. I didn't mind it as long as I could play and the disc wasn't getting any worse.

Fast forward 2 years and lets look at Bad Company 2. I've been playing on my friend's Xbox and the same awesomeness occurred again. The disc makes great grinding sounds as scuffs appear on the edge of the disc. It doesn't happen with any other game. I'm probably going to exchange the disc, but I want to know...is this game specific, a disc drive problem, a Xbox 360 problem, or something else? Or am I just extremely unlucky?