Ordering a Replacement Game Manual

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, I've run into an interesting problem. I recently ordered a supposedly brand new copy of Eternal Darkness from an Amazon retailer. The game arrived in what appeared to be factory wrapping complete with the crisp plastic and folded corners. So, I open it up and to my puzzlement there is no manual. Looking at the disc it looks fresh from the factory.

Now, at first I thought that perhaps the game just didn't have a manual. Since it's all about messing with your mind maybe they started there. However after some research I've discovered that it apparently does. Which brings my to my question.

Has anyone ever ordered a replacement manual? Are they the actual manual or a photocopy?

On the Nintendo Shop website you can order a replacement for a couple dollars. Since Eternal Darkness is rarer than some precious gems this is probably my best bet of getting an actual game manual. Just wanted some feedback before I gave it a try.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Go for it.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

And with that sage advice I went ahead and did so. Here's hoping I don't get a photocopy. I might go into an OCD fit. :P

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gizmo
CenturionCajun said:
"And with that sage advice I went ahead and did so. Here's hoping I don't get a photocopy. I might go into an OCD fit. :P"
Sorry for not being more elequent... but what can I say? It's a game manual xD
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I have the original Gamecube game and I do have a manual with it. I doubt very much you would be able to acquire one now. Perhaps you should return the game :/, the seller has failed to send you a new game with all it's contents. If he stated so in the advert then you only have yourself to blame.

Nintendo will only have manuals for their own current Wii games.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm still boggled as to how it couldn't be new. If it wasn't the person selling it must have a professional grade plastic wrap machine. As it is I'm perfectly happy with keeping it since the disc is pristine. If it is just a photocopy I'm only out about $5 and it'll tide me over. I work in a video game store so I'll just wait until one gets traded in and I'll grab the manual.

I have to give kudos to Nintendo for even having this service. I didn't think there was any way of getting a manual once yours gets destroyed or lost. I wonder if you can also get new cover art and cases...

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yeah, that's where I went. The manual itself is $2 and shipping it about $3. It's a nifty service. I just hope I don't get a photocopy.

Their PDF selection is much much more limited. There are only about a dozen Gamecube games on there.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
CenturionCajun said:
"Yeah, that's where I went. The manual itself is $2 and shipping it about $3. It's a nifty service. I just hope I don't get a photocopy.Their PDF selection is much much more limited. There are only about a dozen Gamecube games on there."

You might get lucky what with it being ET, I think with more popular games, photocopies may be their only option.

Good luck.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By subject2change

I actually just bought Eternal Darkness myself got a used copy for 15 bucks; I typically don't bother with new copies on old titles they are just way too expensive if the title is rare. However I typically buy my manuals off of eBay for a few bucks if I need em, completed my copies of FFVII, FFX (friend borrowed game and lost manual grrrr) and Zelda Twlight Princess for a few bucks each.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

Hmm, I'll have to hop over there and give it a look if I in fact end up with a photocopy. Thanks for the advice.

I just want to make it clear that I am in fact not crazy. My video game collection is that one thing which I take quite seriously. Some people work on their car. Some people build models. I collect video games. So, I am obsessive about it having the original cover art and the instruction manual. It's just one of my little querks and pet peeves that people can't seem to take care of either of those things for their lives.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By subject2change

Same i like my games complete, with no sticker residue on it as well. If I get a game without it being complete its cause it was VERY VERY VERY cheap or its from a while ago before I got serious. But ya people sell the Artwork and Manuals for like 3-5 bucks each with 3 d ollar shipping.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/video-game-boxes-cases-instructions__W0QQ_armrsZ1

is who i've ordered from before and sometimes I just simply search for it for a few weeks until i find a cheaper copy, some people want crazy amounts just for a manual, FFVII manual normally goes for like 15 bucks + ship; I paid 10 for mine shipped and felt I got ripped off.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

Thanks for the sight. I'll give it a look if I don't in fact get an actual manual from Nintendo. I have my fingers crossed though.