Ori and the Blind Forest OR Hotline Miami 2

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Ori and the Blind Forest OR Hotline Miami 2 (83 votes)

Ori and the Blind Forest 63%
Hotline Miami 2 40%

If you had to choose one game to buy which one would it be? These two games, and Axiom Verge look great. An awesome month for Indie games!

• 
Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ori looks amazing. Part of what makes an amazing platformer is the sense of flow, and motion in the animation. Ori has that in spades! The music, and the graphics of the game go perfectly with the gameplay........ it's just SO fluid..

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

As someone who really disliked the original Hotline Miami for everything but its presentation, I have to go with Ori even though I haven't seen any of it in action as of yet.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Can't say that I'm terribly interested in either. I'd definitely go with Ori though. Hotline Miami 2 seems just like a more refined version of the original.

There's a QL of Ori on the site:

Loading Video...

Here's a Hotline Miami 2 review by Danny:

Loading Video...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Both look great, I bought both. But if you have to choose, go with Ori. It's a new thing that seems super rad.

Hotline Miami 2 looks like an expansion of the original in some cool ways, but Ori seems like the more unique game of the two at the moment.

Granted, Axiom's another Metroidvania, but I don't know. Buy one less big game this month, get those three.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Ori. It looks like a game that I haven't played before while Hotline Miami 2 looks like the original game. Sometimes it's good that a game is like its predecessor but hotline miami 2 is a bit too much of the same for my liking.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Both look great, I bought both. But if you have to choose, go with Ori. It's a new thing that seems super rad.

Hotline Miami 2 looks like an expansion of the original in some cool ways, but Ori seems like the more unique game of the two at the moment.

Granted, Axiom's another Metroidvania, but I don't know. Buy one less big game this month, get those three.

I would for sure do that, but I gotta buy a next gen console this month

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ALL THE GAMES!

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By TwoLines

I'll buy 'em all, but I'd go with Ori if I had to choose, just cause it's new and shiny.

But HM2 is just... just amazing.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'll be getting both, but if you could only get one, I'd say Ori.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Hotline Miami 2 looks too similar to the first one, so I'm leaning towards Ori

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Rafaelfc

Bloodborne is coming

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Cirdain

Hotline Miami 2: Act 4: 14th Scene - Stronghold is where I am at & it is making quite sad. I was enjoying the smartly designed combat puzzles but then that came along. Christ. I wasn't good at playing the original Hotline Miami, I enjoyed it a lot but I never graded highly and now this is just getting way too difficult for me :(

I'm gonna wait until someone does some youtube walkthrough on that bit cos' the enemies that charge you and take multiple bullets are in full effect. Unfortunately there isn't much room to back up to shoot and when you can do that you use up ammo and the character refuses to pick up the enemies' guns. So you have got to conserve your ammo across a multi-stage level, the ammo crates are very very rare and only have 10 bullets in them max. I don't know how to get through. :'(

Ori and the Blind Forest will definitely bring more fun and joy to life in general so I think I'm just gonna walk away from Hotline Miami for now. The story in it seemed weird and mysterious in an intriguing way at the beginning act... but it's just repeating the same weird and mysterious feelings again and again. It just feels like an intro for 4 entire acts. I think I'm starting to not like hotline miami...

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd go with Ori. The reviews for Hotline Miami 2 — even the positive ones — make me want to hold off, but Ori appears to be near universally acclaimed.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Bloodborne is coming

Yeah, damn. Greatness is so close....

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By snakeitachi
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Hotline Miami 2 is what I'd pick. Its fucking amazing so far. God that soundtrack is amazing and the new characters are pretty fun as well.