Pc gaming with controllers

TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWan

I'm sick of the twitch gaming with my mouse in some games. So, I'm looking to play pc games with a controller. I'm new to this concept. Should I buy the wireless adapter for my 360 controller and just plug in the USB or should I buy a pc gamerpad. Thoughts?
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Depends on which version of windows you have. Vista doesn't work well with the usb adapter and others with a wire does. However if you are on XP or windows 7 get the wireless one of course. I think you just have to download a driver then everything should work. I'm not using a microsoft gamepad, rather a logitec one, my knowledge is limited on the topic.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sanryd

If you already own a 360 controller or two, I see no reason not to get the adapter. I've been using it for a long time and can safely say it works great. Even has an easier time connecting to controllers than the 360 itself.

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Clinkz

I wholeheartedly recommend just buying a ps2 controller usb adaptor from radioshack. I actually own both that and a logitech controller but I like having the feel of a ps2 controller better than a weird 3rd party one.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow

The MS Wireless XBOX 360 adaptor is the best option in my opinion.  You get all the benefits of the 360 controller with almost no hassle at all.  For the games which don't support 360 controller, you can generally still configure the buttons and sticks via the menus and for those which will not allow you do that you can always use XPADDER instead.  Either way it's the simplest and cheapest solution.  

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By korwin

Yep, wireless adapter go! use it for all my 3rd person action games and racing titles.

Only one problem with the adapter (may have been an early design flaw thats since been resolved).  The fuse in the unit is extremely sensitive and can blow if your mobo pushes a little extra current through the USB ports, not a big thing to fix through... works fine if you just burn the thing off with a soldering iron then solder the bridge shut.