Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legion_

Duders,

As is the case with many of you, I too share the dissappointment of David Hayter not voicing Snake in the next great intallment of the Metal Gear Solid saga.

Therefore, I created this petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/davidhayterback/

I urge you to please sign this petition, so that we togheter can bring back both David Hayter and Snake. Let us band togheter before it is to late. I also urge you to read this statement written by David Hayter, so that you can understand his part of it as well.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjhhf9

My fellow Metal Gear Solid, David Hayter and Snake fans, sign and share this petition, so that we togheter can make a difference!

And remember;

There can be only one!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

He's going to star in MGS: V as a Solid Snake cameo.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@yummylee said:

He's going to star in MGS:V as a Solid Snake cameo.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayter didn't play Big Boss in MGS4, but now he's not doing in 5 either, it's the end of the world.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Also, seriously... this entire thread. Just.

• A petition.
  • Wrong forum.
  • There's already a thread going on discussing the recent statement he issued
mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mrfluke

@yummylee said:

yep

plus it makes sense for them to differentiate big boss as that character is getting older.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Legion_

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

plus it makes sense for them to differentiate big boss as that character is getting older.

During the events of The Phantom Pain, Solid Snake will be around the age of 12. Also, they are bringing back the japanese voice actor for the role.

And though people surely have to be able to write what they want, I would appriciate it if this thread can be a option for those of us that want David Hayter back.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Online petition? Excuse me while I heartily laugh while exiting this thread.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Legion_

Being negative on the internet is even more laughable. You're literally just one in a billion.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

During the events of The Phantom Pain, Solid Snake will be around the age of 12. Also, they are bringing back the japanese voice actor for the role.

And though people surely have to be able to write what they want, I would appriciate it if this thread can be a option for those of us that want David Hayter back.

hence why no one is stopping you, we're just voicing what we think is realistically going to happen, sorry if you dont welcome different opinions.

also kojima likes to tackle the child soliders stuff, so i wouldnt be surprised if he voices a child snake (even though i hope he doesnt use a gravely voice for a child solid snake, that would be hilarious/stupid)

im thinking its more a post credits cameo that takes place more in the future around the metal gear nes time.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

hence why no one is stopping you, we're just voicing what we think is realistically going to happen, sorry if you dont welcome different opinions.

also kojima likes to tackle the child soliders stuff, so i wouldnt be surprised if he voices a child snake (even though i hope he doesnt use a gravely voice for a child solid snake, that would be hilarious/stupid)

im thinking its more a post credits cameo that takes place more in the future around the metal gear nes time.

I highly doubt it. Even if that were the case, that would mean playing a entire game as a new character. David Hayter is the heart and soul of Snake, and no one can replace him.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@legion_ said:

I didn't realize they had explicitly stated the complete time-span of The Phantom Pain.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Solid Snake doesn't appear in Phantom Pain, there's still a chance that MGS6 will focus on the retellings of the first two MG games, so they're going to want to start separating David from the Big Boss character. Though as I've said before, Big Boss should have had his own unique voice actor right from the beginning in MGS3. But finally deciding to distinguish the two in Phantom Pain is still better late than never.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By TheHT

@legion_ said:

I highly doubt it. Even if that were the case, that would mean playing a entire game as a new character. David Hayter is the heart and soul of Snake, and no one can replace him.

Yeah, the heart and soul of Solid Snake. Another person voicing Big Boss is fine. Sure they're clones, but David Hayter talking to David Hayter would be dumb. And I'm not talking about endearing Kojima craziness dumb. I'm talking plain ol' dumb.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@legion_ said:

@demoskinos said:

Being negative on the internet is even more laughable. You're literally just one in a billion.

I'm not being negative I'm being a realistic. Online petitions are a dime a dozen and change absolutely nothing. If Kojima doesn't want Hayter we won't get Hayter. He has a very particular vision for his games.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mrfluke

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

um, mgs 5 is a big boss game....its a character we are famililar with regardless if hayter doesnt voice big boss.

with the timeline and how kojima likes to tackle the child soldier subject, wouldnt surprise me if we see a child solid snake. and wouldnt surprise me if we get a post credits scene with a solid snake thats set to infiltrate outer heaven from Metal gear nes.

also Richard Doyle who played Big Boss in MGS4 says hello, Hayter is more the soul of SOLID snake than Big boss (yes i know he played big boss in mgs 3 and the psp games, but hayter became famous because of SOLID snake)

also there is already a petition that hayter himself retweeted, best you point people to that one if you want to rally support.

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/317364883018620930

If he does come back cool, Mgs 3 is an all time favorite for me and the story of naked snake and the boss is an all time fav for me, hayter did help make that game iconic for me.

if he doesn't come back, whatever, imo i still have mgs 3 and his other work if i badly want his snake, cause they already replaced him with richard doyle in mgs 4 and it makes sense to give big boss a different voice than solid snake, that would be incredibly stupid i think for those 2 characters to exist with the same voice.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Next we'll learn that David Hayter was CG all along.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Darji

I trust Kojima with his decision so no thank you.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theveej

I think this petition is pointless because

a) this is kojima we are talking about, as far as we know this could all be an elaborate ploy to hide the existence of solid snake in MGS5 (not saying it is, but honestly would anyone be surprise if this does happen?)

b) since MGS4 had a different voice actor for big boss, it is only logical to differentiate the voices at the point in the time line where big boss is no longer a young soldier and is getting older.

If anyone feels so strongly about this, then go ahead and sign the petition ( you should probably put the link for the petition that was backed by hayter on his twitter), but honestly if he isn't in the game its because Kojima doesn't want him on the project (for whatever reason) and out of any developer, I think Kojima would be the top of the list of developers not giving 2 fucks about fanboy's petitions.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who's totally fine with all of this. I know Hayter's performance is iconic and all, but jeez, get over it you guys.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@theht said:

@legion_ said:

Yeah, the heart and soul of Solid Snake. Another person voicing Big Boss is fine. Sure they're clones, but David Hayter talking to David Hayter would be dumb. And I'm not talking about endearing Kojima craziness dumb. I'm talking plain ol' dumb.

Nah, I would prefer David Hayter talking to David Hayter. Just adjust the level of gravellyness in your voice and your good. It'd be more weird if your clone doesn't sound like you, to me.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Rafaelfc

*clears throat*

Metal... Gear...?

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who's totally fine with all of this. I know Hayter's performance is iconic and all, but jeez, get over it you guys.

Nah I'm cool with it too. I'm also still pretty sure it's just some more goddamn misdirection, but you know. I can still dream.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: Liquid Snake sounds nothing like Solid Snake. Solidus sounds different too. Technically this ship sailed over a decade ago.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Yummylee

I think it'd be really funny if David Hayter does in fact star in MGSV... but as a random guard.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: To me, David Hayter is that character. Without David Hayter, by extension, there is no Snake. It's just not the same. A new actor means new line delivery, new motivations and new traits. It will never be the same.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@legion_ said:

David Hayter is just as much Naked Snake as he is Solid Snake. And the theory about Snake showing up in this game is incredibly dumb. How come the japanese voice actor still remains the same? It's easy. It's because they want a bigger name to voice Snake.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: Then i hope that petition that hayter tweeted out actually works and gets him back then for you.

im not trying to be negative so im sorry if it comes off like that.

but the giantbomb forum community wont be enough to convince konami/kojima. if you want your petition to get some more traction best you post in in other forums as well. and hell, it wouldnt hurt to tweet hayter as well, maybe he would retweet your thing also.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

speaking as a hardcore MGS fan, Big Boss has to start sounding older then solid snake. All this fan reaction, is going to eventually make hayter come back to do something for MGS5.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@legion_: Then i hope that petition that hayter tweeted out actually works and gets him back then for you.

but the giantbomb forum community wont be enough to convince konami/kojima. if you want your petition to get some more traction best you post in in other forums as well. and hell, it wouldnt hurt to tweet hayter as well, maybe he would retweet your thing also.

Posted at other forums, as well as tweeted Hayter. Was made aware of the other petition, and signed up for that. Fingers crossed.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheHT

@legion_ said:

It's because they want a bigger name to voice Snake.

Wait, what?

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Kojima's trolling.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

Posted at other forums, as well as tweeted Hayter. Was made aware of the other petition, and signed up for that. Fingers crossed.

i do hope you also posted around the petition that hayter retweeted around, cause again not trying to be a douche, but people would be more encouraged to lend a hand to a petition that already has over 8000+ people supporting it.

It IS a long shot (especially with kojima whos known to not give a fuck),

but hey people created enough noise around project rainfall and those games did make it over to the US.

so why not.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, I now have to assume that the OP is also doing his own little April Fools gag with all of this melodrama... ''Fingers crossed''? Kojima of all developers isn't going to budge with his vision he has for MGSV. If David Hayter is involved in MGSV at all, it'll be because Kojima wanted him in there to begin with. Same if he doesn't happen to show up either.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

You want David Hayter to voice a 12 year old?

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Legion_

@snail said:

@legion_ said:

@mrfluke said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

yep

You want David Hayter to voice a 12 year old?

No, certainly not. It was merely to show how improbable it would be to have Solid Snake in MGSV.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By leinad44

All this hysteria over David Hayter not being Big Boss makes me want to hate the Metal Gear franchise. Let them do whatever the hell they want.

Same shit happened with Hitman: Absolution, guess what...bringing back 47s voice actor didn't stop that game from disappointing us.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I've never signed a petition to this point and even though I think Hayter is quintessential to a good Snake I'm sure as hell not signing one now.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Kojima can do what he wants

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hideo Kojima is one of the most detail oriented people I've ever seen. For Pete's sake, he planned the Joakim Mogren thing for like two and a half years(if not more). This isn't just something he slopped together. There's probably a very deliberate reason he has done this. As much as I love Hayter, Kojima is the owner of the character, not him. Not to mention, as previously mentioned, if they ever want to do a remake, they need to start separating the voices. Plus, he needs to sound at least semi closer to being old and Richard Doyley. Also, I'm still convinced that Kojima is going to go with all big name actors(or at least predominantly so, and I still think Sutherland will be Big Boss).

My point in all this is that I trust him. This is the same man who modeled ice cubes melting when you shot them out of a bucket in MGS2. He is not just oblivious to this.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By Dagbiker

Yes no patition has ever worked. Ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho_(TV_series)

Though the producers seemed confident that the program would be picked up for a second season,[17] CBS officially announced Jericho's cancellation on May 16, 2007.[18][19][20]

Several online communities, including the official Jericho forums, launched campaigns in an effort to revive the show. Fans also sent just over 20 tons of nuts to CBS headquarters; this referred to a scene from the season one finale "Why We Fight" where Jake Green repeats General Anthony McAuliffe's historic phrase "Nuts!" from the Battle of the Bulge.[21] The peanuts and other proceeds from the donations have been donated to charities,[22] including the rebuilding effort in Greensburg, Kansas,[23] a town that was largely destroyed by a tornado in 2007.

[There ended up being a second season.]

also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall

Potations dont work when you just write your name down, because anyone can take one second and write a name down. The trick is to convince the company that you are invested in the product.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think I signed that a few days ago.

Not that I think it'll actually help, but who knows!

No, wait, I think that was a different petition I signed.

Eh, either way, I doubt it'll help.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Phatmac

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :/

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By awesomeusername

April fools!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By Subjugation

No one takes these seriously.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Sooty

I don't care about MGS enough anymore, they should let it die off completely so we can all enjoy fond memories of MGS1 and 2. The others aren't as memorable by a long shot. (I did like 3 a lot though, 4 was lame)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have no problem with someone else voicing Big Boss but the voice that was in the gameplay demonstration sounded even younger, I hope it's just a placeholder voice until they get someone better but if not they fucked up.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno I hear Keifer Sutherland might be doing the voice for Snake this time around, that's got me a lot more interested.

Thanatos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a life. Seriously now this is not the end of the world.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By monetarydread

@legion_:

No. This makes you a bad person and I feel like a bad person for even being in this thread.