Please archive EVERYTHING

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By maginnovision

Title says pretty much everything, but especially for member exclusive stuff. I have a job. Since I work as a technician, I don't get paid for sick days so I don't like to take days off for this stuff, missing that 1 day 14 hour job would suck because you guys wouldn't archive. So just PLEASE archive, not just the snes show, but all member video. Having a real job almost makes membership not worth it. Makes me NOT want to have a job so I can catch live stuff. When it's archived I watch it before I go to work, at lunch, and sometimes after work and weekends. So by having cool live shows and no show archival kind of doesn't make sense. Or at least give us the password for the streaming account, even if it has to rotate every day or something. Yea... I'm going to bed now. Think about it!

Also, I thought I should add, I also live in california and work from 8am-(5-7pm). So pretty much never catch live stuff, although the kinect day I took a day off and for the big live live show live!

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By samfo

Don;t they basically already archive everything live? TNT, Happy Hour, end of MMO's?

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By maginnovision

The main reason I did this was because they weren't sure about the SNES party. Which made me think that I don't want them to NOT archive anything.

Duffyside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Duffyside

Yeah, don't know what the problem is. The only thing that wasn't being archived to my knowledge was the Dave radio show, and now they're on that too.

I will totally flip out though if the SNES party isn't archived. 11:30 am too, jeez, there's not even a "if I start early" option for me.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soldierg654342

If the SNES party plays out like they say it will and ends up being an "all day" thing, then it may simply be too big to archive. 

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By maginnovision

@SoldierG654342:

Yea, but the kinect day, was like... 8 hours of streaming. They not only had it archived for a while, but they also cut all the content up and gave each game its own video.

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MikeHawk

They'll archive the Live Show, right? I just found out today that on the 9th, the freshmen at my college (including me) have to go on some sort of retreat that's probably mandatory. Worst timing in the world.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soldierg654342
@Maginnovision said:

@SoldierG654342:

Yea, but the kinect day, was like... 8 hours of streaming. They not only had it archived for a while, but they also cut all the content up and gave each game its own video.

I think that cutting it up into smaller segments was probably the key. They'll probably do that for the SNES Party them; divide it by game.  
Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I fully agree, being from Europe, it's almost not feasible to stay up until ungodly hours to watch the entire stream.

Please archive it. Look into your hearts, Giantbomb. I really want to see this.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Benny

I simply can't watch the whiskey media Justin tv stream because it has no quality change option like the GB channel so I've never been able to watch a happy hour live.

I rely solely on archive versions of content from that channel :(

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By YoThatLimp

Man, it kind of sucks they wouldn't even if it was multiple parts. I will watch it however and totally ruin my friday (as I work 3rd shift). Damn you GB

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Vexxan

I will watch as much as I can of it before I just can't stay up any longer but I assume they'll archive it. Everything's archived these days.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By the_hiro_abides

They didn't archive the Big Live Live Show (Live!). I think for a month they did or the part of the show where people randomly talk to the camera.

I had the day off today anyway, but it sure would be easier if they archived everything. At least for a few weeks so you could download it for future viewing if you wanted to. Although I will admit that living on the east coast sometimes make these events easier to watch. Except for stuff like E3 shows that are still running at 4am.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PolygonSlayer

I'm going on holiday to Germany just when the SNES party starts! I live in the UK and would stay up/wake up early to see it, but damn you holiday!!!

Please archive, Pretty Pretty Please :)

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PolygonSlayer

Hold on a second... is the time table thing on the page set to pick up local time (GMT in my case)? In which case I will be able to see it before I go :D

I was converting it to GMT from GMT-7 thinking it was showing the time over there... but just saw that the Farmville one which said to go up at 5pm has gone up which makes sense for time over here.

In any case it would still be awesome if you upload it for all those who will miss it :)

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Vonocourt

I hope they archive it, I'll be thirty minutes into my shift at work when it starts.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By alternate

I can't remember the last time something live wasn't archived - on JTV at the very least. 

@The_Hiro_Abides said: 

They didn't archive the Big Live Live Show (Live!). I think for a month they did or the part of the show where people randomly talk to the camera.

I had the day off today anyway, but it sure would be easier if they archived everything. At least for a few weeks so you could download it for future viewing if you wanted to. Although I will admit that living on the east coast sometimes make these events easier to watch. Except for stuff like E3 shows that are still running at 4am.

Sure they did.  In fact I bet it is still on the JTV channel archive, it was a few months ago hen I was searching for something else.  What they didn't do is edit it out, clean it up, re-encode it to mp4 etc and put it on the site (apart from a few Tested segments maybe)  like they have with do with a lot of content now . 

I just wish they would change the name of the stream each time for TNT etc so finding it is easier :-)
1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 1p

@PolygonSlayer: Yes, front page schedule adjusts for your time zone. Stream starts in about 90 minutes.

On topic: Absolutely agree. They have been pretty good about archiving stuff, but the fact that Whiskey don't seem to have a "archive everything" rule is disturbing.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 1p

@alternate: Dave's radio show. A few episodes of that were not archived or available on JTV, before we convinced the crew to start doing it.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alternate
@Bib said:

@alternate: Dave's radio show. A few episodes of that were not archived or available on JTV, before we convinced the crew to start doing it.

last time I looked, before my membership lapsed, most of them were there on the WM channel - at least the first one was and a show every 4 weeks after that.  I think that one he did during the site blackout might be missing but they are pretty good about it.
1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 1p

@alternate said:

@Bib said:

last time I looked, before my membership lapsed, most of them were there on the WM channel - at least the first one was and a show every 4 weeks after that.

I don't think they were ever available there. The channel is locked with an access code right now, also.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By alternate
@Bib said:

@alternate said:

@Bib said:

last time I looked, before my membership lapsed, most of them were there on the WM channel - at least the first one was and a show every 4 weeks after that.

I don't think they were ever available there. The channel is locked with an access code right now, also.

I thought they were, might be mistaken, I thought I saw them somewhere at least - although I didn't watch them.
maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By maginnovision

Yea, they do the member only stuff on their wm jtv but it is also locked, which means even if it IS on there, it's not available.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Monopolized
@SoldierG654342:  then split it into sections?
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By YoThatLimp

Man, slept in to late and missed most of this. Pretty bummed. Even if it was a members only download I would download it, I just really want to see it. I am sure everyone is getting ready for PAX so they don't want to tie up any of the video guys with this, but not everyone are kids/live in america and are available every time they do a live stream.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShaggE

They simply must archive this. When I upgrade my membership, this is the first thing I'll be watching if they do. 

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Barrock

Yes please. I never watch anything live.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Lukeweizer

I hope they archive the snes thing. I was at work all day too. I'd begin to question my subscription (more than I already do) if it wasn't saved for members atleast.

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spree4567

I also hope they archive the SNES stuff. Work all day so I've seen nothing but the past 5 minutes or so.

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 41

#30  Edited By TadThuggish

The 8-hour Kinect marathon is archived on Justin.tv through the Giant Bomb account, since that's free. So are TNTs prior to their archiving on this site. The Whiskey Media Justin.tv account is password-protected since it's for members exclusively. The problem is that Dave's radio shows and the SNES marathon exist on that account and no one can get in.

Whiskey Media needs to sort their shit, and recognize that not all of their members live and die by their start dates. Fifty dollars a year seems reasonable enough to get the content they claim they provide.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Lukeweizer: @spree4567: @TadThuggish: They are archiving the SNES show later this week and all future Radio Shows. They actually archived the most recent Radio Show here.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thespartandon

Speaking of all this archiving stuff.

Where's the most recent 'Happy Hour?' I can't seem to find it on any of the Whiskey Sites.

(I'm going to look real stupid if I've not noticed it, but I have checked quite a few times)

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sign

The only other thing I haven't seem them archive is the live E3 podcasts. They have the actual podcast mp3's but not the video. Would be cool to check out the video that goes with the podcasts.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Brendan

My schedule almost never works with live schedules either, so I need pretty much everything archived if I'm going to watch any of it.