Pre-built Arcade stick for PC

neverminder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By neverminder

Hi! I am currently looking into buying a good arcade controller for my PC. I want to get into fighting games and feel like I would enjoy them way more with one of those. I plan on playing MAME and current games too. I'm a complete beginner so I don't need a tournament quality controller but I still want something that will last me a long time before I feel the need to upgrade.

Any suggestions?

(I tried the X-Arcade one many years ago and it felt okay I guess but I didn't play with it enough to have a clear opinion on it but I think they might not be very well l regarded?)

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

By chance, do you have friends or acquaintances that own an arcade stick? If so, I would ask to try it out and see if it's really your thing (generally they're not cheap) then go from there (if you like that specific stick, then ask who made it, what kind is it, how much is it, etc.)

What's your budget for an arcade stick like? Seems for less than a hundred the Qanba Drone might be your best bet for a "budget" stick since it's closer in size to a regular stick than mini sticks if you want to upgrade to something closer to tournament quality.

I would also wait a few weeks to buy one since Evo starts soon and you might find a really good deal then.

Personally I bought the Hori Tekken 7 stick as my first and I have no real complaints about it right now.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ivdamke

Any stick that has X-Input will be plug in and play supported on PC, D-Input works too but may require 3rd party drivers/software to get it working with certain games. (Most PS3,PS4 sticks support PC too now anyway)

As for sticks as far as I know Qanba have your best entry level lower cost sticks.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my Hori RAP4. You might be able to find those on sale if you stay vigilante.