pre-GOTY playlists

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HH

1. finish Metro:Last Light - playing ranger hardcore with the gamma way down and in russian, and all that shit works i guess cos i'm really into it.

2. replay The Bureau, to see if I enjoy it as much sober as i did high, which was a lot.

3. replay The Last of Us. game-play will always trump story for me, but exactly how many bumps up the list does that story earn it? I must know for sure!

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Need to play Pokemon X/Y, Metro: Last Light, Kentucky Route Zero and Gunpoint. Maybe Beyond: Two Souls and Tomb Raider? Somebody tell me if both or either of those games have a chance to wow me.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HH

@lackingsaint: i've no idea what usually wows you, but i'd say Tomb Raider's worth a shot. i got through it 3 times, including a 100% run, all down to the awesome 3rd person animations/controls and impressive environments.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Possible GOTY contenders I still want to play are: Shadow Warrior, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and Remember Me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I really just need to play TLoU.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I need to play The Last of Us and finish up GTA V.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

@lackingsaint: i've no idea what usually wows you, but i'd say Tomb Raider's worth a shot. i got through it 3 times, including a 100% run, all down to the awesome 3rd person animations/controls and impressive environments.

The Last of Us is my current Game of the Year, if that's any indication. Tomb Raider sounds pretty similar, so i'm guessing it is!

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hh said:

How in the world could you stand to do a 100% run? I was doing that in my game, but I got so freaking BORED of looking up guides to find out where the hidden things were that I finally just rushed through the rest of the game so I'd be done with it. I loved the animations in that game though, and the environments were really damn awesome. It doesn't hurt that Lara is a pretty attractive looking digital woman, even when she's dirty (or covered in blood).

As for which GOTY-worthly game you should play, I definitely recommend The Last of Us. Just don't go in expecting it to live up to all of the hype. It's good, but not THE MOST AMAZING THING EVAH!!!! like everyone keeps claiming it to be. I just started Dark Souls and was about to say that, but I'm pretty sure it came out last year. Regardless, if you haven't played Dark Souls, drop everything you're doing and play that game.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HH

@random45 said:

How in the world could you stand to do a 100% run? I was doing that in my game, but I got so freaking BORED of looking up guides to find out where the hidden things were that I finally just rushed through the rest of the game so I'd be done with it.

i did it second time through, after i'd fallen for all of the game's sound design - especially lara's footfalls, twigs breaking underneath her boot, all that stuff - so i'd just fire it up every now and again and spend an hour walking slowly through an area i'd already cleared, keeping my eyes peeled. didn't use a guide, except for the last two things that eluded me, but yeah good sound work and refined controls go a long way.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By davidwitten22

I doubt I'll get the time (since I mostly just play Dishonored over and over), but I finally played the demo for Beyond: Two Souls and now I want it. And I should finish Tomb Raider and Infinite which I have just recently started.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I need to finish.. The Swapper (only 2 or 3 hours in), Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (got it on sale this week for £2.50), A Link Between Worlds (nearly finished) and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies (about half way through).

I haven't played Brothers so I'll definitely get that if I see it on sale and I haven't played TLoU - BUT I don't have a PS3 so the chances of my playing that are zero.

I don't have that much spare time at the moment but I got Dark Souls this week (on sale!) so I've been spending all of the spare time I do have playing that.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Last of Us, GTA, Soul sacrifice, dark arisen

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Last of Us, and possibly Assassins Creed 4...

Those are my biggest blind spots.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finishing GTA V, and that's really all I need to do. Aside from that people should play ACIV, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and Rogue Legacy.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to: Finish my back catalogue.

Don't need to: Buy more games.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Last of Us and Two Souls are the only ones I have not played. I don't think enough of them played the games to need to worry about it. Even if they come up I don't really care enough.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By GaspoweR

I'll never be able to get through lists even though I would like to be able to play these games, I'll just play them at my own pace. :D

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Animasta

The only thing I have left to finish is Antichamber. Considering restarting actually, it's been at least a month...

edit; oh yeah, also far cry 3 blood dragon but I have the stupidest technical problems with that game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have to play Papers Please, The Stanley Parable, The Swapper, Gunpoint, Super Mario 3d World, Zelda, Saints Row 4, and Assassins Creed 4. I also have to finish Beyond. I am fairly confident I can finish all of these by new years, I could probably do the smaller games like one per day.

If I want to be unrealistic I would also like to play Pandora's Tower, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Dragon's Crown, and finish Ni No Kuni.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to play Metro Last Light and Ni no Kuni, but that won't happen until next year. Maybe they can have a shot at my 2014's 2013 GOTY.

8BitAvrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 8BitAvrin

I'm just now starting The Last of Us, but I also need to play Super Mario 3D World and Guacamelee!

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I need to play AC4 and Tearaway and then I'll be finished for this year.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us and Tearaway is at the top of the backlog. And maybe Brothers? I hear mixed things about that game.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Tearaway, Link Between Worlds, Gunpoint, Guacamelee, Dragon's Crown.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Legacy looks like something i'd enjoy, with Metro done i'm gonna get to that right now, woooooo yeah december

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lackingsaint: I'd say don't bother with Tomb Raider. It was pretty good but not GOTY material and definitely not as good as The Last of Us.