Preordering from amazon?

Kendstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kendstorm

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had any experience preordering from amazon. Since i will be soon picking up MVC3 on release day i found out i cant go that day so i need to get it delivered. So... did it come for you the first day of release? If so what time? Thanks guys.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

Depends. If you are a student with a .edu email address you can sign up for Amazon Prime, which gets you free release date shipping. Otherwise I think it's usually like $6 or so dollars and comes the day of release.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

Yes, it's always come on release for me (I order basically every game I buy off of amazon, and order 10 or so each year with release date delivery). 

The only time it didn't was because of a snowstorm, and then they refunded me the shipping price (which is only .99, I believe).

Avatar image for amplifiedmuffin
AmplifiedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AmplifiedMuffin

I almost always pre-order from Amazon. And if they do offer release date delivery (it seems to vary by game), it's $.99. Always comes on release day and if it doesn't, they refund you the shipping costs and send it next day.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

Never had a problem pre-ordering from Amazon. Always got the game on the day it came out. The problem lies with UPS for when they decide they want to get it to me.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

I buy 99% of my games from Amazon and only one didn't come on time (it was a day late but they gave me $5 of credit for that so I was more than happy). 

Also Release-date shipping is only $0.99 now, but not all the games have it (most of the big ones do though. I'm sure MvC will have it)

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman
@AmplifiedMuffin said:
"I almost always pre-order from Amazon. And if they do offer release date delivery (it seems to vary by game), it's $.99. Always comes on release day and if it doesn't, they refund you the shipping costs and send it next day. "

This, and in my experience, games have always come on the day of release, and usually with some sort of preorder bonus also, just an amazon version, but similar in content to the gamestore bonuses.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I don't have any experience with release day games on Amazon, but I'm consistently impressed with their customer service. Of the few times I've had a problem with a delivery or download, I've received excellent assistance.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By spazmaster666

All the games I've pre-ordered from Amazon have always arrived on release day (though usually not until late in the afternoon or in the evening) with the release-day shipping (which is free for prime members). From my experience Amazon is usually pretty good about getting games in on time (well barring that the shipment isn't delayed by UPS)

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By animateria

Release date shipping is usually 99 cents. 

And so far I've been happy with their arrival times. 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

In the past 2 years I've probably bought somewhere around 30 games from Amazon and they have all arrived on release day with no problems.  Plus they usually give you a few dollars off the retail price and sometimes even a preorder credit!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By endaround

I've often even just taken the free shipping and still got it release day since they tend to ship out 2 days early. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Animasta
@spazmaster666 said:
" All the games I've pre-ordered from Amazon have always arrived on release day (though usually not until late in the afternoon or in the evening) with the release-day shipping (which is free for prime members). From my experience Amazon is usually pretty good about getting games in on time (well barring that the shipment isn't delayed by UPS) "
no, 2 day delivery is free for members. one day costs 4 bucks.

I still got ghost trick day of with the 2 day delivery, but that's because I live in LV and there's a amazon storehouse here :P
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green

i did it once. i think i got free shipping and got it on release date. it ended up being coming in the late afternoon. i was kind of pissed about that. i wanted to get it during the day so i could play it. i guess it all depends on where you live and how the mail/ shipping service delivers.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Enigma777
@Laketown said:
" @spazmaster666 said:
" All the games I've pre-ordered from Amazon have always arrived on release day (though usually not until late in the afternoon or in the evening) with the release-day shipping (which is free for prime members). From my experience Amazon is usually pretty good about getting games in on time (well barring that the shipment isn't delayed by UPS) "
no, 2 day delivery is free for members. one day costs 4 bucks.  I still got ghost trick day of with the 2 day delivery, but that's because I live in LV and there's a amazon storehouse here :P "
If you have Amazon Prime, release-day delivery is also free. RDD is not the same as 1-day shipping...
bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By bibledoctor

The only place I pre-order from. The release date delivery is usually a buck, no hassle, and the game usually arrives at my doorstep at around noon.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By mosdl
@Enigma777 said:
If you have Amazon Prime, release-day delivery is also free. RDD is not the same as 1-day shipping... "
I can confirm this, Prime gets release day delivery for free.  Never had a problem with them
takeshikitano3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By takeshikitano3

Yeah Amazon preorders have worked well for me too, though I have Prime.  Also gotta love getting sent refunds for their price guarantees and not having to monitor that myself.
SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

Amazon prime is amazing. I have been using it for years to order video games with release date delivery, and they are always at my front door early in the morning the day the game comes out.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By BigLemon

I preordered GTA IV and it came at like 1 PM on release day.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I always go with the free shipping. I can wait a few days.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Every game I have ever pre-ordered with Release Date shipping (a lot) has always arrived on the correct day. I highly recommend it!

Fishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Fishstick

99 cent release-date delivery fee is pretty awesome.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YoungFrey

Even before I had Prime, I usually got my pre-orders on release date.  Especially for big realases.  But even if I didn't I can wait a day or two to save $10-$20.
Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Malakhii
@Enigma777 said:
" I buy 99% of my games from Amazon and only one didn't come on time (it was a day late but they gave me $5 of credit for that so I was more than happy).  Also Release-date shipping is only $0.99 now, but not all the games have it (most of the big ones do though. I'm sure MvC will have it) "
I've had pretty much the same experience. To be honest I think I was more excited the one time when the game was a day late, because then I got the extra credit.