Presenting GamersTardCast, influenced heavily by Giantbombcast

tardcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tardcast

The podcast is done in an informal chatty manner (with quite a bit of editing(for now as we are still meshing)), we chat about what we are playing, key bits of gaming news, imminent releases, a quiz(which has been hilarious so far), and a consumer related topic of the week (the move to digital, price of games, 3d gaming ect) and just generally shoot the shit. Its fairly informative, laid back and often hilarious.
Im sure it all sounds farely cliched, and for no small part it probably is. Ultimately we are doing it because we love video games, we all have jobs and dont aspire to be designers or journalists, but what the hey we are passionate, intelligent and feel the need to share our affliction with the world. 

Also its in association with gamers voice (a UK group put together by MP Tom Watson as a conduit for gamers to make themselves heard by in the mainstream media and in Parliament.) 
The Gamerstardcast a labour of love and I wanted to tell people about it,  here seemed like as good a place as any as its very influenced by Giantbombs own Giantbombcast (minus anything to do with wii shovelware releases), though obviously not as good :).

In this week in episode 6  :
-Thanks to MC,  we start with  his first encounter with a woman of negotiable affection...
-We talk up a mix of games old and new – We all still are loving Transformers, Jay talks Fable 2 in the run up to the launch of Fable 3. Radarhead tells us the games  he's been playing to appease the girlfriend and Pjbling gets all excited about Joe Danger.
-In news, and looking back at the casual games discussion of last week we discuss the on going world takeover by Farmville and we slap our forheads in dismay as news of a GTA inspired molotov cocktail attack foiled by its delicious ingredients.
-The quiz this week focuses on naming  the leading bad guy from games gone by and in what can only be described as a Madcat domination.
-Subject of the week: Demos. Are they still as relevant? Do we need them? Would you have bought the game if not for the demo etc
-We finish up with a couple of questions from the listeners.    

Its a shameless plug I know, feel free to berate me and send me decapitated kitten heads through the mail.
Alas I have been an avid Giantbomb reader, and bombcast listener for sometime, and it would be an honour if anyone at all on here gave it a listen.  

Grab it here

-The tardcast

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tardcast:

Not bad, ep. 6 was enjoyable.

you all have horrible taste in racing games though! :)

tardcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tardcast
6 Wasn't quite as well done as 3, 4 and 5 but it was still a laugh to do!
However! How very dare you sir! Grid was brilliant, Forza 3 the best! And mario kart, seriously who doesnt like the ORIGINAL mario kart!
Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tardcast:

Downloaded the rest of them :) 

I do really hate the handling of Grid and Forza 3 is the most boring racing game I've ever played ( i feel dirty just thinking of the amount of time i spent S ranking that shit ) and I spent hundreds of hours on both Forza 1 and 2.

Nothing beats pgr 2 on the xbox though and i have no problem with Mario Kart : )

tardcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tardcast
@BergDK:@BergDK: 
Hmm, fair enough, i(Radarhead) spent way more time with Forza 2 than 3.... I'm with you on pure enjoyment of PGR 2 also.....
Timberwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Timberwolf

I liked it, they were funny and obviously got on well as a group

Like the Bombcast more tho.

tardcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tardcast
@Timberwolf:
 Hmm yeh thats fair enough ;). Like I said we were inspired by, not as good as :).

This week we have RebelFm's Tyler Barber as a guest!!!!! 
Subject of the week : Game controllers, are they too complex, are kinect and move the next evolution and if not what is?

Check it out here: GamersTardCast