Problems Connecting PC to TV, Please Help

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johncallahan

Hey guys I need help, I posted this over on the Tested boards and haven't gotten anything yet so I figured I'd check with you guys.

So I just built my first PC (so keep in mind I'm still new to most of this), it's sitting right next to my home entertainment system in my living room and I want to run it through my TV. I've run into two problems though, the first one is the display. I've plugged my PC into the TV through an HDMI cord and it shows up on the TV, the problem is that it's not running full screen. There's a black border all around my TV screen separating it from the desktop. I've tried adjusting resolutions and all that but I'm getting nothing.

The second problem is the audio, audio works fine through some old speakers I had laying around, but when it's running through the HDMI cord nothing's coming from the TV. When I go into the "manage audio devices" area it shows a TV icon named "Digital Audio (HDMI)" and says it's not plugged in.

It's all going through the video card which is a MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB. So guys, what am I doing wrong here? You're all the peeps I trust most on this stuff. Any ideas?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By johncallahan

Also, I just realized I put this in the wrong forum, can it get moved to the PC area. Sorry.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

@jonny126: You need to adjust overscan settings in the nvidia control panel. Settings for HDMI audio are also in there.

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By aznan

For the picture, also check that the zoom setting on your TV is set to 1:1. The setting is usually called "Pixel mapping", "Dot by dot", "Just scan" or similar.