PS3 Owners Online

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So, I would like to get the most out of my PSN experience as possible. My question is, that do you PSN players mostly talk with your headset or message/text each other while online?

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ouren

I use the headset, but it depends on the game, and my mood. :P 

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Neither. But I don't play online much anymore. It messes up your World Tendency.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 02sfraser
@Grissefar said:
" Neither. But I don't play online much anymore. It messes up your World Tendency. "
I like this comment :P I use both depending on game and mood. Sometimes I just don't like talking to people! haha
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

I only use my headset when I want to talk with friends. I NEVER use it with randoms/strangers.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Never. I play videogames.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jayjonesjunior

some games require it, even when you are not playing with a clan or friends (ex: MAG) but in most cases it isn't necessary, unless of course you like listening to crap random people have to say.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By swamplord666

i never text, only communicate with the mic. Even then i don't use my mic with most games. only time i use it is for uncharted 2 because the community seems civil enough and mag because communication is key to success and the community is good that way.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Enigma777 said:
" I only use my headset when I want to talk with friends. I NEVER use it with randoms/strangers. "
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By FesteringNeon

I don't ever use my headset unless it's someone I text with on my friends list.. or an actual friend I know in real life. 

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MethodMan008

I use my headset...  The party text chat is stupid.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By ReyGitano
@Enigma777 said:
" I only use my headset when I want to talk with friends. I NEVER use it with randoms/strangers. "
This is the only right answer.
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By monkeyking1969

In games with online multi-player I chat with my headset, but just hanging around on the XMB I'll send a text message (w/ picture).  Most of my friends list is Sony G.A.P. members so there is a good deal of GAP blogs, FaceBook private group stuff, and other communications going on.  Thus we use the voice & text message services more then most for,  "Did you see this or that on GAP" or "Today is 'game night' CoD BLOPs night are you coming?"

I don't use the XMB Video Chat much, but mostly because most my friends play at night in their bed cloths.  Most of my friends do not use PSN Home, as much as I do; so I don't bother much with avatar chats...although I plan to use that more because hanging out in my virtual hot tub would be cool.

No Caption Provided

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marcsman

Chat with a headset when necessary.
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671
@Enigma777 said:
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Portis
Depends on the game. In Modnation Racers for example, almost no one uses a Mic and people tend to use the built in text chat, and if not that they tend to just send others direct messages. That was my experience with that game, anyway (140 hours worth.)

I played a lot of MAG also and I never got any text based messages, I communicated solely through voice because most people playing had mics.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Example1013

I play COD, meaning I don't use a mic, and I mute first and ask questions later. I'll probably start using a headset to chat in SOCOM, because it's probably going to be kind of a niche game, meaning most players will have mics, and will be mostly intelligent, like the SOCOM 3/Combined Assault community was. Like, even the little kids were alright in SOCOM 3, most of the time.

I don't communicate with people at all outside of games really. Mostly because the only PSN friend I regularly play with lives about 15 feet away.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

I only use voice with friends.  I'm not into dudes calling me a faggot sand camel jockey when I'm playing online.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Hizang

Home is the future!
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stray

I only use a mic for friends. Not really into listening to people scream insults.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By DeF

You will rarely find people with headsets. The majority of the headset people I've encountered playing online on PS3 are mostly comprised of the trash-talking, hard-to-understand, baby-crying-in-the-back people that are associated with the stereotype. Use a headset if you have friends on PSN that you WANT to talk to.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BraveToaster
@AlexW00d said:
" Never. I play videogames. "