PS4 + Wii U - The Ultimate Combo?

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Outside of owning everything, of course! I picked up the PS4 on release night (through sheer luck on Amazon) and the other day landed the 8 GB Skylander's Wii U bundle for $220 at Toys R Us that my five year old had been asking for. (I also had a $50 GC, so only $180 out of pocket after taxes.)

I'm feeling very, very satisfied with this combo. I'm now covered to try the fantastic Wii U exclusives like Mario and Zelda, and get all the high-end goodness of the PS4 when I'm in the mood for that.

Now I just need to pick up the right set of Wii U games. Any suggesions outside the obvious Super Mario 3D World?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Zombi U was great. Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and Rayman Legends should be a good start.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Nintendo and Sony have been the ultimate combo since the PS1 and N64

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Like @spraynardtatum said, check out ZombiU. If you keep an eye out at Best Buy and Amazon you can usually find it cheap. I got it and Mass Effect 3 on WiiU for $10 each at BB not too long ago

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

PC plus Wii U is ultimate. like the Ultimate Warrior.

But honestly, nice pickup on the Wii U. Not hating on the PS4, get all your games covered how you want.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk said:

PC plus Wii U is ultimate. like the Ultimate Warrior.

But honestly, nice pickup on the Wii U. Not hating on the PS4, get all your games covered how you want.

Except you miss out on all the of the fantastic AAA Playstation exclusives.

nnotdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nnotdead

PC and console of choice.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

PC and 3DS is pretty tight

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel PC and WiiU is the ultimate combo.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sooty

Well, yes, because time has proven again and again that Microsoft tend to have weak sauce exclusives. (outside of Gears, Forza and Halo, the 360 didn't have much once Mass Effect jumped. No pun intended.)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@xalienxgreyx: I really like these games.

And I got a PS4 and am getting a Wii U next year. It really does seem like a solid combo. The Xbox One can wait for a few more exclusives, as the PS4 may turn out to be my multiplatform console of choice.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Sergio

I would have to agree, but that's simply because I've preferred the PS3 exclusives this past generation over the Xbox 360 exclusives, while I stuck to the Xbox 360 and PC for multiplatform games.

There's no guarantee that the trend of PS exclusives being superior to Xbox exclusives will continue in this generation, but I'd say it's promising. Include multiplatform games more than likely being better on the PS4 (and I don't feel like upgrading my PC right now), the PS4/Wii U combo is what I'm aiming for this generation. I may get an Xbox One once they have enough exclusives I'm interested in, but since I didn't care for Forza, Halo, Gears of War, or Fable this past generation, it may take a while or never happen.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: I know the PS3 had tons of exclusives, but we're talking about the PS4 here. No games for now at least.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm completing this great combo at Christmas getting a 3DS and Wii U. So excited.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Irishdoom

I do also have a 3DS and a solid PC. Heck, the game I've played the most recently is Dark Souls on that PC. I finally got sucked in.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: I know the PS3 had tons of exclusives, but we're talking about the PS4 here. No games for now at least.

You would be foolish to think that the PS4 will have any less exclusives than the PS3

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm totally satisfied with my PC/Wii U combo. It's the best of both worlds.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Tom_omb

I'll probably pick up a PS4 some time in the next year and a Xbox One in the long term. As a big time Nintendo fan and Wii U owner I'd tend to agree with the OP, but I can't ignore PC on this day, the first of the Steam Holiday sale. How about this for a combo: WiiU for Nintendo, PS4 for Sony and games you were going to pay full price for on release anyway, and PC to pick up the games you overlooked that are now dirt cheap.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nekroskop

@xalienxgreyx: Read what I said again. "No games for now at least" There will no doubt be tons of PS4 exclusives, but buying one now isn't worth it.

Personally I'll get one around March next year for Ground Zeroes if the PS3 version is unplayable.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@xalienxgreyx: Read what I said again. "No games for now at least" There will no doubt be tons of PS4 exclusives, but buying one now isn't worth it.

Personally I'll get one around March next year for Ground Zeroes if the PS3 version is unplayable.

After seeing the PS4 version in action it will be ruff to play the PS3 version.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aegon
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Snail

Quite simply, PC + Wii U is the best combo.

Nintendo has the best exclusives. PC is the best (and most economic) next-gen console.

Come at me. COME AT ME, INTERNET.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: I've played Carmageddon 2 to completion at 8FPS. You don't even know what rough is.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx: I've played Carmageddon 2 to completion at 8FPS. You don't even know what rough is.

Touche

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Tireyo

It would be nice to have a PS4 and a WiiU. I never played a Playstation, so it would really be a new and stellar experience for me. I can only dream though. At least I have one, which is a WiiU!

At one time I had a Gamecube and an XBOX. It wasn't a really good combination for me. I played and loved the Gamecube much more than the XBOX.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@tireyo said:

It would be nice to have a PS4 and a WiiU. I never played a Playstation, so it would really be a new and stellar experience for me. I can only dream though. At least I have one, which is a WiiU!

At one time I had a Gamecube and an XBOX. It wasn't a really good combination for me. I played and loved the Gamecube much more than the XBOX.

Yea, I've seen Wii U comparisons to the Gamecube in several naysayer threads. That would actually be great, since the Gamecube actually was a great console to have when paired with a PS2. A lot of people wax nostalgic about the original Xbox, but I can only think that it was their first console ever.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

It's the combo I'm going with this generation.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damn it... You had a failsafe in your post. I was gonna say owning everything is the u]ultimate combo. Even though I have all the consoles, I would probably choose the X1 and PS4 over choosing the Wii U. I've played more X1 in the past few weeks then I have all year on the Wii U.

Tblockkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo PC and 3ds is the ultimate

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By freakin9

PC and ios represent

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not planning to get a console this generation. They're all unappealing. Maybe later on an exclusive will convince me, but if it's third party I'll wait/hope for a port.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now you can play Wonderful 101 and experience a TRUE contender for GotY

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ajamafalous

PC and anything bro

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i feel like the op combo is a fine combo. But I would also be strongly into a pc & 3ds combo, that is until sony starts pumping out those hits again...then it will be like my last gen (ds+ps3+ with strong uprising on the pc (becoming dominant).)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

PC and 3DS is pretty good for me.

T0MBraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By T0MBraider

Xbox one and Wii U for me (PS4 lacks in new IPs IMO)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My combo is a laptop that can run indie games, a console for AAA games/exclusives I like, and a handheld I enjoy using.

Steam has the best indie offering out there, and I dont much care for PC exclusives (which are, usually, MMO's and strategy games) which is why a decent laptop is fine for me. PS4 (which I dont have yet, but will be getting in the near future) is 100 dollars cheaper than the xbox one, but will have (largely) the same library of games, besides exclusives which I have always preferred on sony consoles. I have a vita because its a joy to use, even if it doesnt have as many games as the 3DS. I use it, mostly, to fill in the blanks.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring the console power back to Japan! Consoles will be kawaii desu once again! But seriously, Microsoft's arrogance thus far has been pretty astounding and they have pretty much shed all their enthusiast support this gen.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By Tireyo

@sergio said:

@tireyo said:

Yea, I've seen Wii U comparisons to the Gamecube in several naysayer threads. That would actually be great, since the Gamecube actually was a great console to have when paired with a PS2. A lot of people wax nostalgic about the original Xbox, but I can only think that it was their first console ever.

I think it's really hard to compare a new console to an older console. Specs don't matter too much, it's rather the games each system delivers. These new game systems have to run their cycles before they can be judged and compared to others.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Add a PC in that formula and you'll be set for the foreseeable future.

KidDynamo04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KidDynamo04

About 3 days after I bought it, I wanted to sell my PS4 and buy an Xbox. There is literally nothing interesting about the PS4 right now outside of Resogun. I haven't even hooked mine back up after taking it tomy parents for thanksgiving.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#47  Edited By Kidavenger

PC + Wii U would be the ultimate combo

PC + PS4 would be a close second (if you play lots of sports games or fighting games the way to go)

PC + Wii U + PS4 hothothot