SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SomeJerk
No Caption Provided

"Reconstruction" is what they say is the reason. The stores themselves, owned by Nordic Games, are profitable and did decently 2014 but their old poorly made IT-system and main offices make it bleed money. A few GAME stores have flat out closed immediately around the country, in my city they are hopeful that they will get picked up and allowed to stay, so am I because it's the only place down-town where you can actually buy games.

Official business-papers talks make it sound like Nordic Games will have a new owner for the GAME stores within a couple of weeks, but that the stores will go, and instead it will be all about a web-shop and selling services to companies and corporations. Over the past few years GAME did a good job turning the stores profitable by selling other things than just games, but also figures, candy, apparel when ordering online (at outrageously lower prices) took more and more customers away.

It's a damn shame. If you visit a GAME for this sale, wish the employees the best of luck. It'll be Webhallen from now on for me.

- - - - -

Just finished off some business downtown and dropped by, bought a new PS3 game at 499 SEK ($58 US, dollar went up after the election), with the 40% off this turned into 299, with the 160 I had earned on the GAME card it finally became 139 SEK ($16 US) for a fresh game. The staff are still showing smiles and hoping for the best. Goodbye GAME as we know it.