Question On Selling My XBox 360

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm planning on selling my XBox 360 and all my games so I can get a PS4, but it's just occurred to me that this is the first time I'll be selling a console that actually has digital games on it. Almost half of my games I downloaded off of the marketplace but I'm obviously going to want to delete my account before I sell my Xbox. So can I delete my account but still keep all the games on the HD so I can sell them with the console?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could potentially license transfer or sell the xbox with your gamertag.

I think you're pretty boned though. This is a prime example of why I buy all my games on disc.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm planning on selling my XBox 360 and all my games so I can get a PS4, but it's just occurred to me that this is the first time I'll be selling a console that actually has digital games on it. Almost half of my games I downloaded off of the marketplace but I'm obviously going to want to delete my account before I sell my Xbox. So can I delete my account but still keep all the games on the HD so I can sell them with the console?

I tried this with the ps3, and it doesn't work. Although the games and movies I had were still stored in the harddrive, when you tried to play them it would ask that you sign into the proper account. Which sucked, because it made me have to sell the system for much less than I was hoping as I had a lot of digital downloads. I suppose, as suggested above, you could give them your account, but it makes me a bit sketched out having all the account that once had my banking info on it. I dont know if there's anything they could possibly do to recover the info, but I didnt want to risk it

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehumandove: Hm I think I'll just give it a go with just the discs

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

I seriously question the value of selling the 360, especially if you have a decent catalog of replayable arcade titles. I would think you could potentially sell your disc library (separately or together) for almost the same as selling it all? And then you'd still have this little arcade box that you could hook up somewhere else.

If ever drop my 360 playing altogether I'm seriously considering building a Pacman:CEDX/Geometry Wars cabinet around it.

Just brainstorming :)

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: I have a 360 with a broken optical drive that i'm tempted to use in some kind of project. Still 100% fine for digital stuff.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hate to break it to you, but those games are not part of your console, they're part of your Xbox Live profile and they have zero resale value. I'm sure you could find some shady person on the internet willing to buy your Xbox Live account, but that means if you ever wanted to get an Xbox One or re-buy a 360 you'd have to start fresh.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

If you sell the console with your Gamertag Account (take off ALL personal info) then you could increase the price as necessary. If you're keeping your gamertag, then those games are still yours and you can re-download them on another console whenever you want; you might as well delete the games and save some room for the guy.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Selling a PS3 is actually easy in theory...it take following a few steps... but all of it can be accomplished in under and hour if you don't have too much content. Most of the work is making a phone call and some work on the system with your account.

• Step One: Deactivate your system...see Playstation.com for instructions
  • Step Two: Back up any essential data you wish to keep (i.e., music, photos, videos, game saves, etc) to a flash drive.
  • Step Three: Delete each local user on the PS3...see Playstation.com for instructions
  • Step Four: Format the PS3 hard disk drive or put you old drive in and format that drive. (Remember! If you wish to save your data, make sure to copy it to an external storage device, like a USB flash drive...this may take a couple hours to complete.)
  • Step Five: Delete billing (credit card) information from your Sony Entertainment Network account at least for the time being...just to be sure nobody who buys the system has an easy time reconstructing your account. Paranoid?...probably, but it is good practice to know how to delete that info anyway!

Also, if you already sold your system you still should go ahead and deactivate your system for your account. My guess is XB360 has similar thing that need to be done.